These classic Memorial Day recipes will help you plan the perfect cookout menu for you, your family and friends. Plus, I’ve got helpful tips for preparing ahead of time and ways to make hosting outdoors so much easier!
The way we’ve observed Memorial Day as a country has changed a bit over time, but my family has always observed it with cookouts, summer’s first swim and just a whole lot of fun from the vantage point of a lawn chair.
How to Have a Memorable Cookout
If you’re planning a cookout this year, the time to get started is now, even if your gathering is going to be small! Planning and doing a little preparation will make the long 3 day weekend be so much more relaxing, head off any disappointments and help everything come together smoothly.
Things you’ll want to do now should include:
- meal planning. The Memorial Day recipes below should make that a breeze! You can browse through them all or use the table of contents to navigate to different food groups. Choosing 1-2 items from each food group will ensure that you have a gorgeous spread that leaves nothing out!
- grocery shopping. After making your Memorial Day Menu, you might want to do a little shopping for those big items that might not be available to you later in the week, order any special cuts of meat, buy your paper goods and gather your flags!
- yard maintenance. It’s also prudent to take a close look at your yard. Any sprucing up or spraying for insects you want to do before the big day? Now’s the time! 10 Tips for Summer Entertaining lists everything you need to know about getting together and enjoying your backyard!
Table of Contents
- How to Have a Memorable Cookout
- Picnic Appetizers & Finger Foods
- Dips for Cookouts & BBQs
- Sauces, Rubs & Seasonings
- Drinks Everyone Can Enjoy
- Cookout Salads
- Cookout Side Dishes
- Burgers, BBQ & More
- Cookout Desserts
Picnic Appetizers & Finger Foods
Dips for Cookouts & BBQs
Sauces, Rubs & Seasonings
Drinks Everyone Can Enjoy
Cookout Side Dishes
Burgers, BBQ & More
Ready to up your backyard hosting game even more? Check out my 5 Backyard Hostess Essentials for everything you’ll need to be the summer hostess with the mostess!