Enjoy this easy recipe for homemade bruschetta with a refreshing summer twist! Sweet watermelon, grape tomatoes, red onion, fresh basil, a touch of salty feta and a simple balsamic dressing make a delightfully tantalizing appetizer everyone will love! Serve it on thin slices of crusty french bread or as a dip with naan or pita chips.
What You Need To Make Watermelon Bruschetta Appetizer
- seedless watermelon
- grape tomatoes
- red onion
- fresh basil
- crumbled feta cheese
- balsamic vinegar
- olive oil
- minced garlic
- salt & coarse ground black pepper
This isn’t your run of the mill bruschetta recipe. One bite of this bright red bruschetta and you’ll be hooked. Think summer. Think hints of sweetness. Think watermelon salad with a twist. But don’t think you’ll be able to keep this little recipe a secret. Because that would be silly. Everyone will want to know how you made it. They won’t believe it has watermelon and tomatoes. “Really?” ” I would have never thought…” “But it’s just so good.” “I believe I’ll have a little more…”
You’ll just smile and nod as you pile your own spoonfuls on lightly toasted french bread. And you’ll be ready with copies of the recipe to share. Because you’ll have to. Friends and family will insist. It will be a must.
How To Make Watermelon Bruschetta
- A good watermelon bruschetta starts with a really good watermelon. Buy in season. Look for the yellow patch on one side that lets you know it ripened in the field before it was picked. Your watermelon should also be heavy, sound hollow when you knock on it and have a bit “webbing” or brown veins on it. Webbing means that your melon will be sweet! Seedless works best for this reicpe.
- Finely dice the tomatoes, melon and onion, and chop the basil. Think about the texture you want for dipping or piling on bread. Big pieces of fruit don’t work very well.
- Whisk together vinegar, olive oil, garlic, salt & pepper. Pour over your tomato/melon mxiture.
- Add the feta last. The dressing colors the cheese, so just lightly toss to avoid balsamic colored cheese. You might even want to hold a little feta back so that you can sprinkle it on top right before serving.
- Serve immediately on thinly sliced, toasted baguettes or with pita chips or naan.
- Refrigerate any leftovers for a day or two.
Other Watermelon Recipes & Ideas
- Easy Watermelon Bar
- Watermelon Sparklers (watermelon fruit slushes)
- Melon Salad with Rotisserie Chicken & Lemon Garlic Vinaigrette
- Watermelon Centerpiece How-To
More Fresh Summer Appetizers
- Avocado Strawberry Salsa
- Peach Skewers with Ham & Mozarella
- Fresh Salsa with Cilantro & Lime
- Lemonade Refrigerator Pickles
- Fresh Sweet Corn Relish
- Garden Vegetable Crudite
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW!
RATE IT, LEAVE A COMMENT OR SNAP A PHOTO.
Summery Watermelon Bruschetta
- 2 C diced seedless watermelon
- 1 C diced grape tomatoes
- ¼ small red onion, diced
- ¼ C feta cheese crumbles
- ¼ C chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1.5 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon coarse ground pepper
- In a small mixing bowl, add tomatoes, watermelon, onion and basil. Gently toss and set aside.
- In a measuring cup, whisk together vinegar, oil, garlic, salt & pepper. Pour over watermelon, tomato mixture and gently toss again. Add feta. Toss once more.
- Serve immediately on thinly sliced toasted french bread, with naan bread or pita chips.
***Pin This Watermelon Bruschetta Recipe***