Your family is going to love eating Cherry Cola BBQ Pulled Pork on sandwiches, with potato salad or on BBQ nachos! It’s a simple recipe that can be thrown together and cooked low and slow in the oven or in the crock pot. A little salt and pepper, BBQ sauce and our secret ingredient of cherry cola make for a “fall apart” tender pork roast that you’re going to want to eat all the time!
What You Need To Make Cherry Cola BBQ Pulled Pork
- 3-4 lb pork tenderloin or pork shoulder
- cherry cola (I use Cheerwine.)
- BBQ sauce (your favorite kind)
- salt, black pepper, crushed red pepper
I learned to make a BBQ pork roast when I moved to Tennessee. A sweet friend at the time showed me how to cook one up in the oven so that might family could enjoy pulled pork without having to run to a BBQ joint all the time. Now, of course, smoked pulled pork is the best. But if you don’t have a smoker, this little method will more than do in a pinch for creating melt in your mouth pork that your family won’t be able to resist!
Just look at that glaze and spice rub crust! That’s what we’re talking about right there! All it takes in a little salt and pepper and a few red pepper flakes rubbed into the pork before cooking. Then a good coat of BBQ sauce and sweet cherry cola create that shiny glaze that adds beau coup of flavor!
But inside… That pork is fall apart tender and moist! It can easily be shredded with a fork and served up on a bun or just eaten right there. Which is what The Engineer is always wont to do.
He just can’t stop himself from coming by and eating a bite or two or three while I’m trying to get it served up. And that’s some kind of testament. Because if that native Texan (where brisket is king) loves it… well, you can bet your boots you will too!
Cherry Cola BBQ Pulled Pork
- 3-4 lb pork tenderloin
- 12 oz cherry cola
- bbq sauce
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 Tbsp black pepper
- 2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Mix together spices in a small bowl. Rub spices on the top and sides of the tenderloin.
- Place pork in a crock pot. Using a basting brush, coat the outside of the tenderloin with bbq sauce. Pour cherry cola over the top of the tenderloin. Cola should fill up the crock pot, covering the bottom half of the tenderloin.
- Cook on low in the crock pot for 7-9hrs.
What You Might Need to Make and Serve Cherry Cola Pulled Pork
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Find this & other great recipes on Meal Plan Monday!