Add a little pizzazz to your side dish rotation with these baked Garlic Parmesan Sweet Potato Wedges. Their seasoned, crispy outsides and tender, mildly sweet insides are perfect for dipping at the dinner table, but can also pull double duty as an appetizer or hearty snack on game day. This is a deliciously easy recipe you’ll find all sorts of reasons to serve time and time again!
What You Need To Make Garlic Parmesan Sweet Potato Wedges
- sweet potatoes
- grated Parmesan
- salt, coarse ground black pepper
- garlic powder
- dried Parsley
- dried oregano
- cayenne pepper
- To make the dip in these photos, see this recipe.
Let’s hear it for sweet potatoes! That subtly sweet, yet savory, starchy root vegetable the South loves to love. You can mash them, stuff them, puree them, roast them, bake them up in a pie and just about never get tired up them. So why not add one more favorite to your list- Seasoned Sweet Potato Wedges. Part French fry and part baked potato, these flavorful potato wedges will make your taste buds sing!
What to Serve with Garlic Parmesan Sweet Potato Wedges
- Perfect Skillet Steak
- Juicy Lucy Broiler Burgers
- Tender Roasted Buttermilk Chicken
- Cherry Cola BBQ Pulled Pork
- Skillet Pork Chops with Mustard Cream Sauce
- Campfire Fry Sauce for Dipping
Tips for Making The Best Sweet Potato Wedges
- Choose sweet potatoes that are generally the same size with smooth skin and minimum bumps and curves. This makes them easier to slice into wedges.
- Always scrub the sweet potatoes well before preparing and cooking. Not only does it remove any residual dirt, it also makes the skin less tough. I don’t peel my sweet potatoes when making this recipe because there are so many good nutrients and fiber in the skin, plus it help keeps the potato tender and moist while cooking!
- For a softer sweet potato wedge, cut your wedges thick. The ones in these photos are sliced thin.
- Most of the crunch for this recipe comes from the coating as it bakes up nice and crisp. Having said that though, do shake off the excess coating after dredging. Too much coating overwhelms the sweet potato.
- Want to make the dredging quick and easy? Mix the Parmesan and seasonings in a large zip top bag. Toss in egg coated potatoes, seal the top and shake. Remove from the bag, shake loose any excess, then arrange on baking sheet!
How to Safely Cut Sweet Potato Wedges
- Scrub your potatoes well using a vegetable brush.
- Make sure you are using a sharp knife because sweet potatoes are rather hard.
- Trim both ends from the sweet potatoes.
- Cut a small flat spot on one side of the side sweet potato so that the potato lies firmly on the cutting board without rocking back and forth.
- Cut in half lengthwise.
- Cut in half lengthwise again.
- Slice lengthwise wedges from the quarters.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW!
RATE IT, LEAVE A COMMENT OR SNAP A PHOTO.
Garlic Parmesan Sweet Potato Wedges
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 C grated Parmesan
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp coarse ground pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 450° Fahrenheit.
- Wash and quarter sweet potatoes.
- Beat eggs in medium bowl (large enough to dip potato wedges in in later step) and set aside.
- In a similar size medium mixing bowl, mix together Parmesan, salt, pepper, garlic powder, dried parsley, dried oregano, paprika. Set aside.
- Dip each potato wedge in the beaten eggs, then dip in Parmesan mixture. Shake off excess seasoning mixture. Arrange potatoes in a single layer on foil lined baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until coating is golden brown. Remove from oven and serve.
Other Easy Sweet Potato Recipes You’ll Love
- Loaded BBQ Sweet Potato Skins
- Sweet Potato Pound Cake
- Southern Sweet Potato Soup
- Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Fall Sweet Potato Biscuits
Don’t Forget About the Regular Potato Recipes
- Horseradish Mashed Potatoes with Cream Cheese & Garlic
- Cheesy Meat & Potato Ranch Au Gratin
- Stuffed Party Potatoes
- Cheesy BBQ Bacon Potato Foil Packets
- Baked Cheesy Smashed Potato Bites