Cook up fool-proof tender shrimp in just minutes with these easy Creole Shrimp Foil Packets! Perfect for the oven or grill, these little foil packets make it possible to add spicy, scampi-style shrimp to your list of quick, go-to meals. And with little to no clean up, it really is possible to eat like your on vacation right in your own backyard!
What You Need to Make Spicy Creole Shrimp Foil Packets
- large shrimp
- creole seasoning
- bay leaves
- aluminum foil
Foil packets really are one of the 7 wonders of the cooking world. By their very nature, they create perfect little parcels where flavors meld together, juices simmer and steam plumps and tenderizes. Open them up and aromas burst forth with promises of the deliciousness to come. But all that build up leads to one of the easiest clean ups around- crumple and toss it. What could be better?
In this recipe, sweet gulf shrimp plump up tender and pink as they steam in plenty of butter and lemon. And the signature creole seasoning guarantees lots of garlic and spices for just the right amount of kick. Have eaters that like it more or less spicy than others? That’s another beauty of the foil packet. Add a few extra red pepper flakes for one or less creole seasoning for another. It’s easy to cook up quick & easy shrimp that’ll keep everyone happy!
Other Shrimp & Louisiana style recipes you’ll love
- Louisiana Dirty Rice
- Million Dollar Shrimp & Crab Dip
- Easy Louisiana Gumbo with Green Chile Rice
- The Mini Natchitoches Meat Pie
- Easy Homemade Cocktail Sauce & Shrimp Platter
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW!
RATE IT, LEAVE A COMMENT OR SNAP A PHOTO.
Creole Shrimp Foil Packets
- aluminum foil
- 2 lbs large raw shrimp, cleaned & de-veined
- 2 lemons
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 4 tsp all purpose creole seasoning
- 4 bay leaves
- parsley for garnish
- Prepare creole seasoning according to linked recipe. Set aside.
- Tear 4 sheets of aluminum foil, 16 inches long each.
- Cut one lemon into quarters. Slice the other lemon, then halve the slices.
To Create One Foil Packet
- Place 18 - 20 shrimp, nesting in one another but not overlapping, in the center of a foil sheet. Divide 1 Tbsp of butter into smaller pats and evenly space over the shrimp. Sprinkle 1 tsp of creole seasoning over shrimp. Squeeze juice of a quarter lemon over shrimp, careful to remove any seeds.Place a half lemon slice and 1 bay leaf atop shrimp.Fold foil to create a packet by bringing sides up and folding down 2 folds and then rolling ends in.Repeat to create 4 packets in all.
- Bake in a preheated 375° Fahrenheit oven or heated grill for 7-10 minutes. Garnish with chopped parsley & serve shrimp in packets.
It’s Easy to Make & Serve Creole Shrimp Foil Packets
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
If you like these recommended products, then you’ll love Southern Discourse’s Amazon Store!
Pin & Save This Creole Shrimp Foil Packet Recipe!