Crisp and zesty, these easy refrigerator pickles are steeped in lemonade, garlic, pepper and dill to create a delicious little pickle that packs a powerful flavor punch. Perfect with sandwiches, at cookouts and on appetizer trays, there’s no better way to enjoy small batches of homemade pickles than with this classic easy recipe with a fun flavor twist!
What You’ll Need To Make Lemonade Refrigerator Pickles
- sweet onion
- white vinegar
- lemonade mix
- dried dill weed
- minced garlic
- black peppercorns
- mustard seeds
- red pepper flakes
- pickling salt
A little sweet and a whole lot of zesty, these nifty little refrigerator pickles are an easy way to add to your casual summer hospitality this season. A quick trip to the farmer’s market and 10 minutes in the kitchen is all it takes to have something fun and unique to serve at your next get-together!
The lemonade in this recipe really amps up the flavor. Lemon, dill and garlic are already a classic flavor combination, so playing with a little lemonade drink mix gives these little fellas a tart smack your guests just won’t be able to resist! Are they a bread and butter pickle? No, a zesty dill? Only you’ll know the secret that makes them so good!
The Engineer and I love to enjoy these cool, crisp numbers on a cheese platter. It’s one of our go-tos for quiet date night at home- a light bite while we chat and take a little time to catch up.
Jars of these flavorful pickles also make great little gifts.
However you decide to serve them, they are destined to be a hit, and you’ll end up making batch after easy batch!
Lemonade Refrigerator Pickles
- 1-2 medium cucumbers
- 1 medium sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 C white vinegar
- 1/2 C water
- 1 1/2 tsp lemonade mix
- 1 1/2 tsp pickling salt
- 1 tsp dried dill weed
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp mustard seed
- 1/4 tsp black peppercorns
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- Slice cucumbers into spears or slices, as preferred. Pack cucumbers and several onion rings in a pint-sized jar, leaving 1/2 inch at the top for adding your pickle brine.
- To prepare brine, mix water, vinegar and lemonade mix together in a measuring cup. Pour in a small saucepan. Add rest of ingredients and whisk. Heat on medium heat until the ingredients come to a simmer. The sugar and salt should be dissolved. Remove from heat, whisk again and let partially cool.
- Pour warm brine over cucumbers and onions until jar is filled. Put the lid on tightly. Give it a good shake to distribute all of the spices and refrigerate for 24 hours before eating.
How Long Can I Keep These In The Fridge?
- These will stay crunchy & fresh in the fridge for up to 2 weeks!
Other Easy Snack Recipes You’ll Love
- Fresh Vegetable Crudite
- Fresh Sweet Corn Relish
- Peach Skewers with Ham & Mozzarella
- Honey & Pineapple Mustard
- Ham & Dill Pickle Pinwheels
- Watermelon Toppings Bar
Making It Easy to Host & Serve
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
***Pin This Lemonade Refrigerator Pickle Recipe!***