Smoked sausage, zucchini, yellow squash, bellpepper and red potatoes get a kick from garlic, butter and special all purpose creole seasoning to create an easy, all-in-one summer meal on the grill or in the oven!
This quick 30 minute is always a family favorite. None of us can resist our own little dinner, made individually and served complete in a little packet that’s just bursting with all our favorite flavors from the garden.
And who can blame us! These vibrant little packets are loaded with freshness. And when you open them… oh! The aromas that float out to meet you are absolute sweet promises of the wonderfully filling meal to come.
Of course, I love these foil packets dinners because they are practically effortless. The prep is easy and there’s no clean up except my knife and cutting board. A “one pot meal” that delivers like that? What could be better?
Tin foil packet recipes are nothing new, but that doesn’t make them any less “now.” Everybody appreciates a delicious meal that’s convenient, tasty and quick.
And foil packets are uniquely designed to deliver just that. Their sealed pouches allow all of the ingredients to cook together where the juices mingle and the flavors meld together to create delightfully rich and full flavors.
Not to mention, this recipe gets a boost of flavor from my house Creole seasoning. It’s my secret weapon for making the best grilled vegetables and smoked sausage recipe this side of summer. I always keep a batch on hand to add gorgeous savory flavor to burgers, shrimp, pasta or just about anything I cook, even turkey.
Ingredients for Garden Veggies & Sausage Foil Packets
- smoked sausage
- red potatoes
- red bell pepper
- yellow squash
- sweet onion
- all purpose creole seasoning
How to Make an Easy Grilled Vegetable Sausage Dinner
Prep. Heat grill or oven to 400° Fahrenheit. While grill/oven preheats, tear off 8 approx. 12 inch x 12 inch squares of aluminum foil. Spray only 4 of the foil squares with cooking spray. Chop vegetables and sausage and arrange in an assembly line to easily and quickly make your grill packets.
Load the Grill Packets. On the 4 sprayed foil squares, add equal amounts of potatoes, sausage, zucchini, squash, bell pepper and onion. Sprinkle with ½ teaspoon minced garlic, 1 teaspoon of creole seasoning. Dot 4 pats of butter across the the top of packet ingredients.
Make the Packets & Cook! Tent the remaining unsprayed foil squares over the 4 foil squares piled with sausage, veggies and seasoning. Fold/ crimp edges of the tops, bottoms & sides of foil together to create a sealed pouch.
What to Serve with Grilled Vegetable & Smoked Sausage Packets
This really is an all-in-one kind of recipe, but if you are looking for something more to round this meal out or are needing more dishes to feed a hungry crowd, try serving it with:
- Slow Cooker Black Eyed Peas & Ham
- Easy Cheddar Jalapeno Cornbread Muffins, or even
- Southern Cornbread Pudding
Substitute other vegetables for the yellow squash (see below) and serve it with Squash & Cornbread Dressing.
Substitutions & Variations
One of the great things about foil packet dinners is being able to change them up according to what seasonally available or simply to include what your family enjoys the most. We love to mix it up by adding in some of these garden fresh favorites from time to time.
- fresh tomatoes
- sweet corn
- sliced jalapenos
- green beans
In the fall, try adding broccoli, sweet potatoes, red onions and mushrooms. Top it off in any season with a sprinkle of shredded Parmesan cheese for extra deliciousness!
Easy, fun meals like these foil packets on the grill are important to have in your menu planning repetoire. Simple prep and no clean up is more than handy. It leaves you available for the important things during meal times- listening, laughing and being truly present with your favorite friends and family. And those, my friends, are seeds worth planting.
Other Easy Foil Packet Recipes to Enjoy!
- No-Mess Chicken Nacho Foil Packets
- Cheesy BBQ Bacon Potato Foil Packets
- Spicy Creole Shrimp Foil Packets
- Mexican Street Corn Foil Packets
If You Make This Recipe, I Can’t Wait To Hear About It!
Leave A Comment & Rating Below Or Snap A Photo To Share.
Grilled Garden Vegetables & Smoked Sausage Packets
- 1 lb smoked sausage, sliced into ½" slices (about 36 slices)
- 12 small red potatoes, quartered or cut into chunks
- 1 medium red bellpepper, quartered, then cut into chunks
- 1 medium zucchini, thickly sliced, then quartered
- 1 medium yellow squash, thickly sliced, then quartered
- 1 small sweet onion, ends removed & quartered
- 1 teaspoon all purpose creole seasoning, per packet
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic, per packet
- 4 pats butter, per packet
- Heat grill or oven to 400° Fahrenheit. While grill/oven preheats, tear off 8 approx. 12 inch x 12 inch squares of aluminum foil. Spray only 4 of the foil squares with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Chop vegetables and sausage and arrange in an assembly line to make packets.
- On the 4 sprayed foil squares, add equal amounts of potatoes, sausage, zucchini, squash, bell pepper and onion. Sprinkle with ½ teaspoon minced garlic, 1 teaspoon of creole seasoning. Dot 4 pats of butter across the the top of packet ingredients.
- Tent the remaining unsprayed foil squares over the 4 foil squares piled with sausage, veggies and seasoning. Fold/ crimp edges of the tops, bottoms & sides of foil together to create a sealed pouch. Place all packets on a cookie sheet(s) to cook in oven. If cooking on grill, simply place packets on grill.
- Cook approximately 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Remove from grill or oven. Keep sealed until ready to serve.