This easy recipe for Avocado Strawberry Salsa is both sweet & just a little spicy. It is a sunny bowl of ripe strawberries, red onions, light cilantro, smooth avocado, with a pinch of jalapeno heat. Perfect as an appetizer/dip, on grilled chicken or pork, even on fish tacos, your friends and family are going to love this fresh & zippy little fruit salsa.
What You Need To Make Fresh Avocado Strawberry Salsa
- ripe strawberries
- red onion
- jalapeno pepper
- salt & pepper
Y’all. Chips and salsa. Seriously, it’s like its own food group around here. And there are only 2 rules: you can never have too much and you eat it until there is absolutely none left. That being said, it should come as no surprise that we like all sorts of salsas- tomato, corn, sweet fruit…
Which brings us to this gorgeous strawberry salsa. Just look at that panoply of bright color! That alone makes me want to dive right in. But color is not all this dip has going for it. Get ready for a burst of fresh flavor too. Berry sweet, limes and salt, and a touch of heat balanced with mellow avocado. Every bite will have you going back for more!
And as all good salsas, you’ve got versatility. Munch this on corn chips, pita chips, cinnamon chips. Pile it on fish tacos. Spoon it over grilled chicken. I even like to serve it at brunch, and it’s wonderfully delicious at showers or cookouts. Anytime you need a really good dish everyone will rave about? This easy recipe is what it’s all about.
Simple, beautiful and a fresh burst of flavor with every bite, Avocado Strawberry Salsa is just the thing for all you chip and dip lovers. Our salsa world just got a little bigger.
Can I Make this Ahead of time?
- Because the salt pulls liquid from the berries and avocado tends to break down, this salsa does not do well if made ahead or stored as leftovers.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW!
RATE IT, LEAVE A COMMENT OR SNAP A PHOTO.
Fresh Avocado Strawberry Salsa
- 16 oz strawberries, diced
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely diced
- 1 jalapeno, de-seeded and finely diced
- 1/4 C chopped cilantro
- 1/2 lime
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp coarse ground black pepper
- 1 small avocado, diced
- In a small bowl, add diced strawberries, red onion, jalapeno, cilantro, salt and pepper. Squeeze juice from 1/2 lime over the ingredients and toss gently. Add avocado last. Toss gently again and serve.
Other Dips and Easy Appetizers You’ll Love
- Tex Mex Guacamole
- Fresh Sweet Corn Relish
- Peach Skewers with Ham & Mozzarella
- Marshmallow Champagne Fruit Dip
- Ham & Dill Pickle Pinwheels with a Spicy Kick
MAKING IT EASY TO HOST & SERVE
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
If you like these recommended products, then you’ll love Southern Discourse’s Amazon Store!
***Pin This Avocado Strawberry Salsa Recipe***
Leave a Reply