Turn traditional pecan pie into easy dessert bars with this simple Best Ever Pecan Pie Bars recipe! With a quick buttery pecan shortbread crust and a sweet, nutty no-cook pecan pie filling, Pecan Pie Bars take pie at the holidays to whole new level.
Pecan Pie is always a favorite at Thanksgiving and Christmas. It’s also the pie that most often that kicks off the fall baking season, getting sliced up and served at tailgates, bonfires and all sorts of gatherings! But let’s be honest a classic pie doesn’t feed a crowd and it isn’t always easy to make or transport.
Enter Pecan Pie Bars- all the delicious flavors of pecan pie that we crave + all the fun and ease of irresistible cookie bars!
Whipped up in a 9×13 baking dish, this easy homemade dessert recipe makes about 24 dessert bars, making it easy for everyone at your get together to get their hands on delicious pecan pie. It’s also a perfect “bake and take” treat for parties, family events, cookouts, even cookie swaps!
Ingredients to Make The Best Pecan Pie Bars
- chopped pecans
- granulated & brown sugar
- dark or light corn syrup
- maple syrup
- vanilla extract
How To Make Pecan Pie Bars in a 9×13 Dish
Make the Easy Shortbread Crust. Combine the crust ingredients until mixture is like crumbly, wet sand. Pat into the bottom of an ungreased 9×13 to create an even crust across the bottom and up the curved edges. Bake crust in preheated oven for 18-22 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
Make the Pecan Pie Filling. While your crust is baking, whisk together the ingredients for the pie filling. Pour your filling right over your freshly baked hot crust.
Bake & Slice. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until knife inserted one inch from the edge comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
How to Store Pecan Pie Bars
Because of the eggs in this recipe, these bars should be stored in the refrigerator. If sliced and stacked on a dish, place wax paper or parchment paper between stacked layers to keep them from sticking together. Pecan Pie Bars can be kept covered in the fridge up to 4 days.
How to Freeze Pecan Pie Bars
This recipe is perfect for freezing! To freeze the whole pan after baking and cooling, simply cover or wrap tightly and freeze.
To freeze bars that have been sliced and stacked in plastic ware or another freezer safe dish, make sure to separate layers with wax or parchment papers to keep them from sticking just as you would in the fridge. Then cover or wrap tightly and freeze.
Pecan Pie Bars can be frozen for up to 3 months. To thaw, just uncover and defrost in the refrigerator overnight.
More Brownies & Dessert Bar Recipes to Love
- Hello Dolly Magic Cookie Bars
- No Bake S’mores Bars
- Lemon Basil Squares
- Gooey Black Bottom Pecan Pie Brownies
- Loaded Strawberry Jam Brownies
If You Make This Recipe, I Can’t Wait To Hear All About It!
Leave A Comment & Rating Below Or Snap A Photo To Share.
Best Ever Pecan Pie Bars
Pecan Shortbread Crust
- 1 ¾ cup all purpose flour, spooned & leveled
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
Pecan Pie Filling
- ⅔ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 ¼ cup light or dark corn syrup
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
- Prepare crust by combining flour, sugar, salt and pecans. Cut in butter until mixture is like wet sand. Sprinkle evenly in the bottom of an ungreased 9×13 baking dish. Pat to create an even crust across the bottom and up the curved edges. Bake crust in preheated oven for 18-22 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- While crust is baking, whisk together pie filling (or use a mixer) beginning with brown sugar and salt. Add eggs and vanilla. When incorporated, add corn and maple syrups. Last, mix in pecans. Pour filling over hot crust.
- Bake in 350° oven for 30-35 minutes or until knife inserted one inch from the edge comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. Refrigerate for 30 minutes before slicing into squares with a sharp knife.