Party with fun, bite-sized mini cheeseburgers on a stick! Juicy & delicious, these little kabobs have everything you love about your favorite burger in just a bite or two. Perfect as a fun finger food at cookouts, on game day or even as a side for soups & salads, these Mini Cheeseburger Skewers might just become your favorite way to eat a burger.
Let’s talk about the magic that happens when you turn everyone’s favorite cookout food into a loaded appetizer! There’s just no resisting a mini cheeseburger, complete with a juicy meatball “patty,” lettuce, tomatoes, pickles… even that sesame seed bun… all exactly the right size for dipping! And let’s not downplay the fun factor here because that’s what these mini sliders are really all about!
What You Need To Make Cheeseburger Skewers
- ground beef
- ground sausage- to add little flavor & extra juiciness
- salt & pepper
- worcestershire sauce
- cheddar cheese– or cheese of your choice
- sesame seed buns
- grape tomatoes
- lettuce– Romaine or Iceberg, both offer lots of crunch
- pickles– dill chips or bread & butter slices
How to Make Mini Cheeseburger Skewers
Making mini cheeseburgers is pretty much like making real hamburgers, just on a smaller scale.
The meatball. Mix together the ground beef, sausage, salt, pepper & seasonings. The key to making a tender, juicy burger is to make sure you don’t handle the meat too much. So be careful not to over mix. Warm hands start to break down the fats in the meat, and it’s those fats that add so much juicy flavor to a burger as it cooks!
Form 1″ balls with the seasoned meat (again with a light hand to keep the integrity of the meat). I added a little red pepper flakes on top for just a littl kick.
Put on a foiled lined broiler pan for easy clean and broil in the oven for 8-10 minutes. Add the cheese, and put them back under the broiler just to melt the cheese. You can also pan fry or grill these, but I like using the oven so I can cook all of them at once while I prep “the fixings.”
The Fixings. While your meatball “patties” are cooking, prep your condiments & buns. Wash & dry tomatoes. Chop the lettuce. Quarter you cheese slices.
Use a small biscuit or cookie cutter (even a small jar lid will work) to cut out “mini buns” from your sesame seed buns’ tops and bottoms.
Want to eliminate this step? Make these skewers “bunless burger” style!
Assemble. Make your fun skewers by adding a mini top bun, 2-3 pieces of lettuce, cheeseburger “meatball,” tomato, pickle and bottom bun until all ingredients have been used.
Other Skewer Recipes You’ll Love
What to Serve with Cheeseburger Skewers:
You’ll never have to choose between burgers and dogs at a cookout again because there’s always room for a mini burger bite!
- Hawaiian Dogs
- Creamy Dill Potato Salad
- Bacon Tomato Pasta Salad
- Hawaiian Baked Beans
- Chilled Avocado Soup
No matter what you serve with these easy party appetizers, Campfire Fry Dipping Sauce is a must.
I am a firm believer that you can never have too much fun. And these quirky little skewers are absolute fun eating on a stick. Whether you’re having a backyard get together or just deciding to add a little delight to your regular menu, Mini Cheeseburger Skewers do the trick!
If you make this recipe, I can’t wait to hear about it!
Leave a comment & rating below or snap a photo to share.
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/2 lb ground sausage
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- splash Worcestershire sauce
- 5 cheddar cheese slices, quartered
- 20 grape tomatoes
- lettuce, cut in squares
- 20 dill or bread & butter hamburger pickles
- 7-8 large seasame seed hamburger buns
- Preheat oven broiler to 550° Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl, mix ground beef and sausage together. Add salt, pepper and worchestershire sauce. Mix well without overmixing and causing the fats in the meat to begin to melt.
- Form seasoned meat into 1" balls. Gently press down top to flatten a little. Place on a broiler pan and broil for approximately 8 minutes. Add cheese to top of burgers, put back under broiler and melt.
- Use a small biscuit or cookie cutter to cut "mini" buns out of the hamburger bun tops and bottoms.
- Assemble skewers by adding a top bun, 2-3 pieces of lettuce, cheeseburger, tomato, pickle and bottom bun until all ingredients have been used. Serve with your favorite burger condiment or sauce!