Tart lemon and plump, round blueberries are the perfect sunny partners in this moist and buttery pound cake with a bright lemony glaze! Blueberry Lemon Pound Cake is a wonderful partner for coffee, a star at brunch and a delight for dessert.
There’s hardly anything better than a good lemon dessert… unless it’s a lemon blueberry dessert! Lemon and blueberries are a true match made in heaven. The tart zing of the lemon and plump pop of the berry were absolutely made for each other.
And nothing shows off that dynamic flavor duo better than Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake. This classic pound cake recipe is tender and moist, with a buttery delicate crumb. It’s the perfect backdrop for bright, sunny lemon and plump, ripe blueberries.
What You Need To Make Blueberry Lemon Pound Cake
- all purpose flour
- baking soda
- lemon zest & juice
- lemon extract
- granulated & powdered sugar
- sour cream
How To Make Blueberry Lemon Pound Cake
Mix Dry Ingredients. Mix together flour, salt, baking soda & the zest of two large lemons & set aside.
Combine with wet ingredients. With a mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light an fluffy. Then alternate adding flour and sour cream to the mixture. Lastly, mix in the lemon juice & lemon extract for that bright lemony taste!
Fold in the berries. Toss berries in flour to keep them from sinking to the bottom of your cake. When coated, gently fold them into the cake batter.
Bake. Pour the cake batter into a generously greased tube pan. (I have better luck with the cake cleanly releasing with a tube pan than a bundt pan). Bake at 325 degrees for about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Because ovens can vary, baking this cake might take a little longer. When an inserted toothpick comes out clean, you’ll know it’s done!
Remove the cake from the oven. Run a knife around the inside and outside of the cake and let cool for about 10 minutes. Turn cake out onto a cooling rack to completely cool.
Make the Glaze. In a large measuring cup, mix together lemon juice and confectioner’s sugar. Add milk to make it thinner, if necessary. Drizzle over cooled cake.
Tips For Making The Best Blueberry Lemon Pound Cake
- Always use room temperature eggs and dairy products (this includes butter and sour cream) when baking a cake. This makes for a light and fluffy texture.
- Don’t forget to flour the berries! The flour keeps the berries from all ending up on the bottom of the cake when baked. To make sure you get a good coating of flour, wash the berries, then toss them in flour while they are still damp.
- Don’t overmix the cake batter. Overmixing makes a tough cake instead of a light one. When alternately adding the dry ingredients and sour cream, turn the mixer down to low. After one ingredient is just mixed in, quickly add the next.
Other Blueberry Recipes You’ll Love
- Blueberry Muddy Buddy Snack Mix
- No Churn Blueberry Lemon Ice Cream
- Mason Jar Blueberry Lemon Lush
- Make Ahead Bluberry Breakfast Bake
More Lemon Dessert Recipes
- Triple Lemon Layer Cake with Lemon Curd Buttercream
- Basil Lemon Squares
- Lemon Supreme Monkey Bread
- Classic Lemon Drop Crinkle Cookies
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW!
RATE IT, LEAVE A COMMENT OR SNAP A PHOTO.
Blueberry Lemon Pound Cake
- 3 C all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp lemon zest (about 2 lemons)
- 2 sticks butter, room temperature
- 2.5 C granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 C sour cream
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1.5 tsp lemon extract
- 2 C washed blueberries
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1.5 C confectioner's sugar
- 1/4 C lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1/2 lemon, zested
- Preheat oven to 325° Fahrenheit. Generously grease a 12" tube pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking soda & lemon zest & set aside.
- Using hand or stand mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time. Incorporating after each addition.
- Add 1/2 of the flour mixture to the sugar & butter. Mix just until combined. Add 1/2 of the sour cream, mixing just until combined. Repeat with flour and sour cream.
- Add lemon juice & extract, mixing until just combined. Toss still damp, washed blueberries in 1 Tbsp of flour. Fold gently into the cake batter. Pour into tube pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven. Run knife around inside and outside of the cake. Let cool for 10 minutes. Turn out onto cooling rack to finish cooling.
- Mix confectioner's sugar, milk and lemon juice together. Drizzle over cake and let run down the sides. Sprinkle top with zest of 1/2 lemon. Slice and serve.