Creamy, crunchy, with bursts of flavor & tons of color, Confetti Frito Corn Salad is a classic potluck and cookout side dish. Loaded with bell pepper, onion, cheddar cheese, crisp whole kernel corn and crunchy, salty Corn Chips, this quirky little salad is just this side of addictive!
What You Need To Make Confetti Frito Corn Salad
- canned or fresh whole kernel corn
- grated cheddar cheese
- green bell pepper
- red bell pepper
- red onion
- Fritos corn chips
- real mayonnaise
- sour cream
- chili powder
- cracked black pepper
- lime juice
The first time I encountered this salad, it seemed so weird- a salad of corn and corn chips… I just couldn’t figure it out. I had determined to politely pass, but everyone was raving. So, I gave it a second once over, scooped up a healthy spoon and dove right in.
Oh my! So weird and wonderful, this little corn party has it going on. The sweet corn against the sharp bite of the peppers and onion. The salty chips. And the cool and creamy dressing and shredded cheese. Is it a dip? Is it a salad? It’s wildly both in one glorious bite!
This corn salad is classic get-together food- game days, tailgates, potlucks, cookouts, you name it. If there is a group of people doing something together, this salad has a tendency to be right in the middle! Other than it’s addictive taste and bevy of color (hence the name confetti), the ease in which this salad comes together is why it’s tops!
I start with raw fresh corn or canned corn for that crisp corn bite. Then a little chopping here and there to get those peppers and onion into shape. Lastly, I like to grate my own cheese, but the bagged version works just fine too.
The dressing is one part mayo and one part cool sour cream. Spice it all up with a little chili powder, cumin, cracked black pepper, a spritz of lime juice and we’re almost there! Don’t add those salty corn chips until right before it’s time to dig in so that they keep their crunch. Or maybe serve them on the side for some “for real” dipping? That works too!
Want to spice this salad up?
- Try adding a diced jalapeno or using Chile Cheese Fritos instead of plain.
Other Potluck Dishes You’ll Love
- Southern Macaroni Salad
- Hawaiian Baked Beans
- Layered Strawberry Jello Salad
- Homestyle Deviled Eggs
- Creamy Dill Potato Salad
- Layered Muffuletta Salad
Potluck / Cookout Dessert Recipes
- Buster Bar Ice Cream Dessert
- Red Velvet Trifle
- Dreamy Coconut Pineapple Trifle
- Chocolate Buttermilk Sheet Cake
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW!
RATE IT, LEAVE A COMMENT OR SNAP A PHOTO.
Confetti Frito Corn Salad
- 2 cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 C grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- (1) 10.5 oz bag Frito corn chips
- 1/2 C real mayonnaise
- 1/2 C sour cream
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1/2 medium lime, juice of
- In a large salad bowl, toss corn, cheese, bell peppers and onion.
- In a 2 C measuring cup, whisk together dressing ingredients. Pour over salad & toss again.
- Before serving, fold in corn chips & enjoy!
***Pin This Frito Corn Salad For Your Next Cookout!***