It’s time to kick your baked bean game up a notch, and these easy Hawaiian Baked Beans are just what the occasion calls for. A little sweet, a little salty and just a little spicy, these crazy delicious baked beans are loaded with pineapple, bell peppers, sweet onion and bacon. Bathed in a thick, rich sauce, this special side dish is a welcome addition to cookouts, barbecues, potlucks, tailgates or just any time plain ol’ boring just won’t do!
What You Need To Make Hawaiian Baked Beans
- pork & beans
- pineapple tidbits
- green bellpepper
- yellow onion
- bacon pieces
- stone ground mustard
- brown sugar
- Worcestershire sauce
- prepared horseradish
This dish is loaded up with so much goodness that it almost qualifies as a casserole. Almost. Chock full of tasty goodness, what you do get is one heck of a side dish.
All those peppers, sweet onion, and pineapple infuse the brown sugar, molasses sauce with layers of perfect flavor. Not to mention the perfect pieces of bacon. Not too sweet, not too tangy. Just right for a party of flavors in every bite.
Burgers, BBQ meats, hot dogs, ham, hot sandwiches, you name it. They’ll never be the same again. Not once you serve them with this side dish.
A little sweet and a little spicy, these loaded baked beans are a delicious addition to cookouts, picnics, barbeques, potlucks and so much more!
- 2 15 oz cans pork & beans, drained and rinsed
- 20 oz pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, de-seeded and diced
- 1/2 C bacon pieces
- 3/4 C ketchup
- 1/4 C brown sugar
- 1/4 C molasses
- 2 Tbsp stone ground mustard
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp prepared horseradish
Preheat oven to 375° Fahrenheit.
In a large mixing bowl, gently mix drained beans, peppers, pineapple and onion together. Set aside.
In a small mixing bowl, whisk rest of ingredients together to create the sauce. Gently fold sauce into bean mixture.
Pour into large casserole dish. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until bubbly around the edges.
- Pictured in this recipe with a sprinkle of fresh diced bell pepper for color.
Can I cook these Baked Beans in the Crock Pot?
- Yes, you can! Just add a 1/2 -1 cup water to the sauce ingredients, whisk the sauce together, throw all the goodness in your slow cooker, stir together and set your slow cooker on low for 4-5 hours.
Other Side Dishes You’ll Love
- Southern Potato Salad
- Crisp Apple Coleslaw with Buttermilk Dressing
- Homestyle Deviled Eggs
- Roasted Brown Sugar Pineapples
- Southern Macaroni Salad
Making it Easy to Host & Serve
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website, we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
***Pin This Hawaiian Baked Beans Recipe***