If you are asked to provide certain information by which you can be identified (specifically gift basket winners who must supply mailing addresses to receive their prizes) when using this website, then you can be assured that it will be used in only in the strictest accordance with this privacy statement.
A Southern Discourse may change this policy as different needs and requirements arise. All changes will be noted on this page as they occur. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes that are made. This policy is effective May 25, 2018.
What We Collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information, specifically email address (via subscriber opt-in)
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences, and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What We Do With Information We Gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, specifically for the following reasons:
- We may use the information to improve our products and services. We may use the information to customize the website and its function according to your interest.
- We may periodically send emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you by email for market research purposes.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file that asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes, and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages on our site that are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to understand which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies; however, you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies, if you prefer. However, this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website. The choice to accept or decline cookies is yours.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over other websites. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that you provide while visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the websites you choose to visit via links or otherwise.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on a website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
See our Comments & Cookies Disclosure here.