Cherry Coca-Cola Jello Salad is a sparkling dessert fruit salad with delightfully intense flavors of a cherry coke float. Punctuated with juicy, tart cherries, bright pineapple, crunchy pecans and light flakes of sweetened coconut with a pop of fizzy Coca-Cola & a cream cheese whipped topping, jiggly jello has never been so fun… or delicious!
There’s nothing better than a retro recipe for a little fun at your next holiday, potluck or cookout! And this cheery dessert is not only an eye catching conversation starter… “ohhh, what is that..? I need some!,” it tastes unbelievably delicious! Bursting with cherry flavor, loads of fruit, Coke and that luscious cream cheese whipped topping… all I can say is “WOW”! And you’ll be saying it too after that first bite.
Why You’ll Love Serving This Fruity Jello Salad
- This recipe is a all about JOY! It’s fun to serve, amazing to eat and, watching others fall in love after their first bite- priceless!
- Classic vintage recipes are something really special. And when you find a gem, making, enjoying and sharing it is a part of our cultural heritage. You’ll be wanting to don some pearls and heels!
- Coca-cola Jello Salad is versatile. Make it in a 9×13 dish, a trifle or pretty bowl, a jello mold or bundt pan for a turned out “ring” look.
- Didn’t I mention cherry coke float before? Oh, and that cream cheese whipped topping! Really. There’s no need to say more.
Ingredients for Coca-Cola Jello Salad
- canned dark sweet cherries, pitted (not pie filling)
- crushed pineapple
- black cherry gelatin (or a combo of black cherry or regular cherry with strawberry or raspberry)
- flaked sweetened coconut
- pecans or walnuts
- cream cheese
- whipped topping
- maraschino cherries for garnish, if desired
How to Make Coca-Cola Jello Salad with Cherries & Whipped Topping
Make Jello. Combine the liquid from the canned cherries and crushed pineapple, plus a little water. Bring it to a boil, then remove it from the heat and add the gelatin. Stir or whisk it well until all of the gelatin dissolves. Put this in the refrigerator to cool (just cool, not set), about 30-40 minutes.
Add Fruit. Combine the drained cherries and crushed pineapple with the pecans and shredded coconut. Add the fruits and nuts to the cooled gelatin to make your salad!
Set & Add Topping. Pour salad mixture into a 9×13, trifle or serving dish (even a jello mold or bundt pan). Cover tightly and refrigerate for 3-4 hours to make sure the gelatin is good and set. After salad is completely set, combine cream cheese and whipped topping and top salad. Garnish with maraschino cherries or fresh cherries for a pretty touch!
Tips For Making the Best Jello Salad Everytime!
- Canned pineapple is a must for a jello salad. Fresh pineapple will keep your gelatin from setting up.
- Make sure ALL of the gelatin is dissolved before cooling. Gelatin won’t set up correctly if it not completely dissolved.
- I love serving this congealed salad in a trifle dish. It has such a eye catching presentation and a more modern look. But if you are wanting to go completely classic with a jello mold or by using a bundt pan for that “ring” look, then spray the insides of the mold or pan so the salad slides out easily and in one piece when ready. Pipe dollops of your cream cheese whipped topping around the top of the ring and top each dollop with a cherry!
Other Fruit Salads You’ll Love
- Classic Fruit Salad with Old Fashioned Cream Sauce
- Red & Green Fruit Salad with simple Orange Cinnamon Dressing
- Ambrosia Fruit Salad with Whipped Cream Dressing
- Berry Watermelon Fruit Salad
- Apple, Cheese, Celery Salad
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW!
RATE IT, LEAVE A COMMENT OR SNAP A PHOTO.
- 20 ounces canned dark, sweet cherries (pitted)
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple
- 6 ounces black cherry gelatin (or regular cherry)
- 12 ounces Coca-Cola
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces whipped topping
- maraschino cherries for garnish, if desired
- Drain cherries and pineapple, reserving the liquid in a measuring cup. Set fruit aside, and add enough water to measuring cup to make 2 cups of liquid.
- Add liquid to a medium sauce pan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat, and add cherry gelatin, stirring until the gelatin is dissolved completely. Stir in Coca-Cola. Put in fridge and COOL ONLY for 30-40 minutes.
- Combine drained cherries, pineapple, pecan and coconut. After gelatin has cooled for 30-40 minutes. Stir fruits and nuts into gelatin. Carefully pour into 9×13 or trifle or serving dish. Cover tightly and refrigerate for gelatin to set completely. About 3-4 hours.
- Combine cool whip and cream cheese. Top Cherry Coco-Cola Salad and serve. Add Maraschino cherries for garnish, if desired.