Soaked in olive oil that’s been infused with loads of garlic, lemon, herbs and a red pepper kick, these easy homemade Italian marinated olives make for a wonderful appetizer or addition to any cheese board. Looking for something scrumptious to take to the next cookout, holiday party or potluck? This simple no-cook recipe has you covered!
What You Need To Make Italian Marinated Olives
- black olives (like Kalamata)
- green olives (like Castelvetrano)
- olive oil
- white wine vinegar
- red pepper flakes
- back peppercorns
- pinch of sugar (optional)
Who needs to run to the olive bar at the local grocery or deli for a yummy snack or app? Not you. With this easy recipe you can make your own marinated olives in no time flat!
These garlicky, buttery wonders make light dinners or date night at home AND casual hospitality a snap. The process is so simple and delicious you’ll wonder why you haven’t been making them all along. Are they the eighth wonder of the world? Not quite, but one nibble and you’ll agree they’re pretty darn close.
The Engineer and I love to eat light dinners after a busy day. Meeting in the kitchen to share a bite or two is where we do our best catching up. Italian Marinated Olives show up quite a bit on nights like these with some good cheese, crackers and a slice of salami or two. Cheers!
But we don’t keep these yummies just to ourselves. A good cheese board, or charcuterie, is also the kind of thing we like to whip up when we have friends and family over or take with us to a party or cookout. There’s no end to the tasty snacks, spreads and bites you can add to this ultimate appetizer.
Other Appetizers & Snacks To Add To A Cheese Board
- Whipped Feta Dip with Honey
- Honey & Pineapple Mustard
- Red Pepper Pineapple Jelly
- Zesty Lemonade Refrigerator Pickles
- The Best Jalapeno Pimento Cheese
- Ham & Dill Pinwheels with a Kick
- Fresh Corn Relish
Hospitality and wonderfully good food at home shouldn’t be hard. It should be delicious. Straightforward. And genuine. With simple recipes like these marinated olives, you and yours can enjoy more moments around the dinner table, on the patio or wherever you get together!
Can These Olives Be Made Ahead of Time?
- Anything marinated benefits from a little time. These olives can be served as quickly as 15 minutes after being made or as long 2-3 weeks! Just be sure to cover them tightly and store them in the fridge.
Other Easy Appetizers You’ll Love
- Homestyle Deviled Eggs
- Whiskey Peach BBQ Meatballs
- Dill Ranch Snack Crackers
- Peach Skewers with Mozzarella & Ham
- Maple Bourbon Candied Bacon
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW!
RATE IT, LEAVE A COMMENT OR SNAP A PHOTO.
Easy Italian Marinated Olives
- 6 oz whole pitted black olives (Kalamata- recommended)
- 6 oz whole pitted green olives (Castelvetrano- recommended)
- 1 sprig Rosemary
- 1 C olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 medium lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 1.5 teaspoon minced garlic (about 3 cloves)
- 1.5 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon sugar (optional)
- In a medium bowl, toss olives to combine.
- Add Rosemary sprig to a quart jar. Fill the jar with the combined olives.
- In a 2 C measuring cup, combine olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, peppercorns, garlic, oregano, red pepper flakes and sugar. Whisk until well combined. Pour over olives and Rosemary. Put lid on the jar. Shake well to cover all olives with the marinade.
- Refrigerate for at least 15- 30 minutes before serving. Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
***Pin These Italian Marinated Olives***