Made with sour cream, lemon juice, a little mayo, red potatoes and tangy dried dill, this easy recipe makes the most delicious Creamy Dill Potato Salad! Not too fussy with only a few ingredients, this potato salad is the perfect side dish for burgers, BBQ chicken and virtually anything on the grill! These potatoes ware guaranteed to be the star of your next potluck, cookout or get together!
What You Need To Make Creamy Dill Potato Salad
- baby red potatoes
- sour cream
- real mayonnaise
- dijon mustard
- lemon juice
- green onions
- dry dill weed
- salt & pepper
What is it about potato salad that makes it so delicious? The fluffy potatoes, the cool, tangy dressing… there’s just something about that combination that is so hard to resist! And while I am usually all about traditional southern potato salad with the pickles and eggs and the whole nine yards, I love to switch it up every now and then with this simple salad of skin-on baby reds.
This easy salad features just a few green onions, some finely diced celery and a creamy dill dressing that’s equal parts mayo and sour cream. Want to lighten it up a bit? Half the mayo with Greek yogurt! Still deliciously rich and creamy, no one will ever be the wiser.
One of the best things about this potato salad (other than the fabulously cool and creamy dressing) is that it can be made in advance, and leftovers (with this salad? never!) are easily stored. When covered tightly, Creamy Dill Potato Salad has a fridge life of 3-4 days. This recipe is also easily doubled when you need to feed a crowd.
One can never have too much potato salad. It’s spot on for rounding out almost any meal, the perfect partner for a sandwich and even has chops enough to claim a spot on holiday tables. It never disappoints!
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW!
RATE IT, LEAVE A COMMENT OR SNAP A PHOTO.
Creamy Dill Potato Salad
- 1.5 lbs red potatoes, about 4 1/2 C washed & quartered
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 C sour cream
- 1/2 C real mayonnaise
- 1-2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp dry dill weed
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 C diced celery
- 1/2 C finely sliced green onion
- Bring large pot of generously salted water to boil. While water is heating up, wash and quarter baby red potatoes. Add them to boiling water. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until fork tender. Remove from heat and drain potatoes in a colander.
- While potatoes are draining, add butter to warm pot. When potatoes are drained, add back to pot on top of butter. Gently toss to melt butter and coat potatoes. Add celery and green onion. Toss again.
- In a large measuring cup make dressing by whisking sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice and mustard until smooth. Add dill weed, pepper and salt. Whisk to incorporate.
- Pour dressing over potatoes, onions and celery. Toss gently until well coated. Serve immediately or chill before serving.
Other Side Dish/ Salad Recipes You’ll Love
- Southern Potato Salad
- Tuscan Tortellini Salad
- Southern Macaroni Salad
- Apple Cheese Celery Salad
- Crisp Apple Coleslaw with Easy Buttermilk Dressing
MAKING IT EASY TO HOST & SERVE
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
If you like these recommended products, then you’ll love Southern Discourse’s Amazon Store!
***Pin This Creamy Dill Potato Salad Recipe***