Making a light seasonal dish is easy with this deliciously crunchy Broccoli Slaw recipe. Loaded with apples, brussel sprouts, bacon and walnuts and topped with a simple Dijon vinaigrette, this versatile side dish is has what it takes to satisfy at family gatherings, tailgates and potlucks, but also makes for the perfect simple lunch.
What You Need To Make Broccoli Slaw with Apples & Brussel Sprouts
- package of broccoli slaw
- brussel sprouts
- red onion
- olive oil
- dijon mustard
- prepared horseradish
- red wine vinegar
- salt & pepper
There’s no denying seasonal done right. And it only takes one look at the ingredients of this delicious slaw to know it’s a winner! Full of color and delightful crunch, the best of the season creates quite a forkful in this salad bowl. But I have to be honest with you, as much as I love all of the ingredients (did you see there is bacon?!?), it’s really all about the apple for me!
There’s just something about its sweet crispness against the zing of the dijon vinaigrette, the salt of the bacon and the stout richness of fall veggies like broccoli and brussel sprouts that just makes all the difference. I know the recipe only calls for 1-1 1/2 apples, but why limit goodness? I’m thinking 2 makes this broccoli slaw even better!
And let’s talk about that Dijon vinaigrette. With an olive oil and red wine vinegar base, there is nothing heavy handed about it. Just a light toss and the slaw is ready to go.
So why not put a little seasonal yum on the table this week? No matter the weather, there’s always a little fall that can be enjoyed!
Broccoli Slaw with Apples & Brussel Sprouts
- food processor
- 8 oz packaged broccoli slaw
- 10 oz brussel sprouts, thinly sliced
- 1-1 1/2 Honeycrisp apples, diced
- 8 slices thick cut bacon, rough chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 C chopped walnuts
- 1/2 C olive oil
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp prepared horseradish
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- In a large salad bowl, empty broccoli slaw mix. Add diced apples, walnuts, onion, bacon and sliced brussel sprouts. (A food processor with a slicer or shredder attachment is a great way to prepare the brussel sprouts.) Toss well.
- Using food processor, add ingredients for dressing and emulsify.
- Toss again until all of the slaw is coated. Chill for 30 minutes and serve. This slaw is even better the next day!
Other Recipes You’ll Love
- Crisp Apple Coleslaw with Homemade Buttermilk Dressing
- Parmesan Brussel Sprouts with Bacon
- Pear & Fig Salad with Molasses Vinaigrette
- Sauteed Green Beans with Bacon & Mushrooms
- Beef & Mushroom Rice
- Apple, Cheese & Celery Salad
Making It Easy to Host & Serve
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
If you like these recommended products, then you’ll love Southern Discourse’s Amazon Store!
***Pin This Broccoli Slaw Recipe Here!***