Cool, classic Tzatziki meets the salty, garlicky goodness of whipped feta dip in this spectacularly quick & easy Whipped Feta Tzatziki Dip! Creamy, light and full of happy cucumber crunch, this party dip will be your new, favorite summer appetizer, a go-to for charcuterie boards and that something special for burgers and all your grilling favorites.
What is Tzatiki?
Pronounced /tsah-ZEE-kee/ (tsah like pizza), tzatziki dip or sauce is mostly associated with Greek or Mediterranean food. Many of us know it as that amazing creamy sauce on our gyro sandwiches. It’s a cool and refreshing mixture of yogurt and cucumber punctuated with bright lemon, dill and garlic.
This recipe combines everything that’s light and fresh about tzatziki with the salty goodness of quick and easy whipped feta dip. The result? One of the most surprisingly delicious, most versatile party appetizers you’ll enjoy this summer!
RELATED RECIPE: Whipped Feta with Honey Dip
What To Eat with Whipped Feta Tzatziki Dip
We love to dive into this creamy dip with pieces of warm, soft naan bread or crunchy pretzel chips. But it’s also divine to dip with fresh or grilled veggies, making it our go-to addition for summer charcuterie boards.
But whipped feta tzatziki’s appeal doesn’t stop at party dip! Spread it on turkey or ham sandwiches with lettuce and tomato. Add it to your pitas or gyros and top grilled steak, salmon, pork or chicken with it. Last but not least, pile it on your burger for some truly amazing summer burger vibes!
Whipped Feta Tzatziki Dip Ingredients
- Feta cheese crumbles
- Greek yogurt
- seedless cucumbers
- yellow onion
- dried (or fresh) dill
- minced garlic
- salt & coarse ground pepper
- olive oil
How to Make Easy Cucumber Tzatziki Dip with Whipped Feta
Prep the cucumbers & onion. Finely dice the cucumbers & spread them out in a single layer on a paper towel. Lightly sprinkle with salt. Let sit while finely dicing the onion & preparing the rest of the ingredients.
Blend ingredients. In a food processor, blend feta, yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, herbs and spices until smooth.
Add in the cucumber & onion. Lay another paper towel atop of the salted cucumbers. Press gently to remove the water. Repeat until there is hardly any water left. Add cucumbers and onion to food processor and pulse 1-2 more times.
Chill & serve! Spoon dip into serving bowl. Chill for 30 minutes before serving.
Making it Ahead & Storing Leftovers
This dip is ideal for making ahead of time, which means it’s perfect for parties and holiday. Make it one day in advance so that your ingredients have plenty of time to rub elbows and create big flavors!
If you are lucky enough to have any leftovers, cover them tightly and store them in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Other Easy Appetizer Dips You’ll Love Serving
- Ham & Pineapple Hawaiian Dip
- Ultimate Creamy Chicken Dip
- Whipped Feta with Honey Dip
- Creamy Peppercorn Parmesan Cheese Dip
- Million Dollar Shrimp & Crab Dip
If you love delicious dips & have made this recipe, give it all the stars & leave a fun comment! Or tag me @SouthernDiscourse on social media to be featured. I love hearing from you!
Whipped Feta Tzatziki Dip
- 4 ounces Feta cheese crumbles
- 4 ounces Greek yogurt
- ⅔ cup finely diced seedless cucumbers
- ⅓ cup finely diced yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried dill (1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill)
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic (1 clove fresh garlic)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- Finely dice the cucumbers & spread them out on a paper towel. Lightly sprinkle with salt. Let sit while finely dicing the onion & preparing the rest of the ingredients.
- In a food processor, blend feta, yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, herbs and spices until smooth.
- Lay another paper towel atop of the salted cucumbers. Press gently to remove the water. Repeat until there is hardly any water left. Add cucumbers and onion to food processor and pulse 1-2 more times.
- Spoon dip into serving bowl. Chill for 30 minutes before serving.