These are the BEST apple muffins! They are completely, 100%, leisurely Saturday morning with a cup of coffee, coffee cake kind of extra- warm, cozy and everything an apple recipe should. But most importantly, these apple muffins are easy to make! With a recipe similar to Monkey Bread, these pull-apart apple muffins bake up in their own caramel sauce & are filled with apple pie filling, cream cheese & pecans.
What You Need To Make Cobblestone Apple Muffins
- refrigerated french bread or dinner roll dough
- apple pie filling
- cream cheese
- an egg
These muffins earn their “cobblestone” name from their pull-part pieces. They are literally “cobbled together” using pieces of soft dough, tossed in cinnamon sugar and layered in jumbo muffin tins with pecans, pie filling and cream cheese. The result? A gorgeously moist, rustic baked good worthy of any glass case display.
But the best part? Their cinnamon-y, bubbling, apple-filled, warm goodness is fresh from your own oven. And everyone loves to get in on the action of tossing the dough in a plastic zip bag, shaking the bag all around until the dough is good and coated with all that cinnamon and sugar. In short, you’ll never be bereft of help when it comes to making or eating these!
There’s really nothing better than sharing the morning with those you love, nibbling on a warm and gooey apple muffin, sipping a good cup of coffee (or tea) and planning a special day ahead. And this is just the recipe to make that happen!
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW!
RATE IT, LEAVE A COMMENT OR SNAP A PHOTO.
Cobblestone Apple Muffins
- jumbo muffin tin
- hand mixer
- 2 11 oz. pkg. refrigerated french bread or dinner roll dough (I use Pillsbury.)
- 1/3 C butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 1/3 C sugar
- 1/2 C chopped pecans
- 1 20 oz can apple pie filling
cream cheese filling
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 C sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375° Fahrenheit. Line jumbo muffin tin with tulip muffin cups or parchment paper.
- Pulse pie filling in food processor to chop apple slices into "salsa-sized" pieces. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together cream cheese, sugar, egg yolk and vanilla until creamed. Set aside.
- Open refrigerated dough. Slice dough and cut slices into quarters or thirds.
- Add cinnamon, sugar and pecans into plastic zip top bag. Shake to mix.
- Working with just a few pieces at a time, toss dough pieces in melted butter. Gently shake away any excess butter. Add buttered dough to plastic bag. Shake bag to coat dough well.
- Fill bottom of each muffin cup with 4-5 pieces of cinnamon sugar coated dough. Sprinkle several pecans in each cup.
- Spoon 1 Tbsp each of apple pie and cream cheese filling on top of dough pieces. Use the back of the spoon to gently work fillings into all the cracks and nooks. There will be cream cheese and apple pie filling left over.
- Top with additional 3-4 pieces of dusted dough and pecans. Add a small amount of apples in the cracks.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until the dough pieces are baked through.
Other Breakfast & Muffin Recipes You’ll Love
- Make Ahead Blueberry Breakfast Bake
- Farmstyle Buttermilk Strawberry Muffins
- Banana French Toast Casserole with Frosted Flakes Topping
- Carrot Zucchini Muffins
- The Best Homemade Gingerbread Muffins
Is it Apple Recipes You’re Looking For?
- Mamaw’s Fresh Apple Cake
- Apple Spice Caramel Corn
- Crisp Apple Coleslaw
- Apple Spice Mint Tea with Blackberries
- Apple Cheese Celery Salad
- Spiced Caramel Apple Cider (crock pot)
- Sausage Apple Cranberry Dressing
- Grilled Pimento Cheese with Apple & Bacon
- Broccoli Slaw with Apples & Brussel Sprouts
- Peanut Butter Yogurt Parfait with Apples & Granola
- Pecan Crusted Ham with Apple Juice Glaze
Making It Easy to Host & Serve
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
If you like these recommended products, then you’ll love Southern Discourse’s Amazon Store!
***Pin This Cobblestone Apple Muffin Recipe***