Fire up your griddles, broilers and skillets, my friends, and get ready for this Grilled Pimento Cheese, Apple & Bacon Sandwich to knock your socks off! Everybody knows a good grilled cheese is hard to beat. That warm, soft, melted cheese, the crisp toasted bread… It goes with just about anything- soup, chili– but is the perfect quick and easy comfort food just all by itself. Just cheese and a little bread and butter is all you need. But sometimes. Sometimes, you hit upon a combo with all the extras, and a good grilled cheese becomes a really good grilled cheese. So good, in fact, you just have to share it.
What You Need To Make Grilled Pimento Cheese, Apple & Bacon Sandwiches
- sourdough bread
- cheddar cheese
- cream cheese
- green apples
- thick sliced bacon
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- salt & pepper
Let’s talk pimento cheese for a second. There are a hundred different recipes out there. Every family has their own way to enjoy it. In my family, our way to enjoy it is all the time. Seriously. I have to keep 2 tubs stocked in the fridge at all times. One of the regular recipe and one with diced fresh jalapenos added (that’s The Engineer’s pimento cheese of choice). It’s perfect for a quick sandwich on crackers when you just need a quick nibble. Or on a dang grilled cheese! And why not? If plain ol’ cheese is good then the official cheese of the South is even better!
Then you have the cheese and apples combo. A little salty. A little sweet. Cheddar and apples have been a thing forever.
And let’s not count out the bacon. I am still one of those folks who are hanging on to “a little bacon makes everything better.” A good thing never goes out of style, right? Thick sliced, center cut bacon is always my bacon of choice. And a couple of slices on this grilled cheese sandwich send it right over the top.
Is this recipe a little bit extra? Yes. Yes, it is. But by golly, extra is downright good any day of the week. I’m not even ashamed to say it.
Ditties and Doodads You Might Need to Make Grilled Pimento Cheese, Apple & Bacon Sandwiches
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Grilled Pimento Cheese, Apple & Bacon Sandwich
- 8 slices bread
- 12 slices bacon
- 4 slices red and green apples
- 2 C sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 2/3 C mayonnaise
- 4 oz diced pimentos with liquid
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- Cook bacon and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together cheeses, mayonnaise, pimentos with liquid, garlic and onion powders, salt and pepper.
- Heat up griddle or skillet on the stove top to a medium-low heat.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Place one slice of bread in skillet, butter side down. Spoon pimento cheese on top. Let cook until cheese begins to melt and bottom of bread turns golden brown.
- Top with 3 bacon slices and 1 apple slice. Add second slice of bread, buttered side up.
- Using a spatula, gently turn sandwich over. Brown second piece of bread to a golden brown and let cheese continue to melt.
- Remove from skillet and serve.
***Pin Grilled Pimento Cheese, Apple & Bacon Sandwiches!***