Casual hospitality has been a big part of our lives these past few month. Moving into and trying to renovate and rehab our “new” 96 year old home has rendered us a bit crazy and more than a little busy. But even in our busiest of life seasons, it’s important that we don’t neglect relationships with friends and family. Is it really that important? You better believe it! We were made for relationship, made to function as a part of a larger whole (I Corinthians 12:27) and not just when we’re at church! Does it take a conscious effort? Oh my. Yes. But it’s absolutely worth it. And simple, but special recipes like Apple Tea with Blackberries make it easier than you might imagine to invite someone into your home!
What You Need to Make Apple Spice Mint Tea
- Bagged Black Tea
- Apple Cider
- Apple Slices
This easy apple tea is perfect for this time of year. The transitional spiced apple flavors hit all the right notes for those who are already dreaming of fall, while juicy blackberries and bright mint keep it just cool enough so the seasons don’t feel rushed.
This tea is simple to put together while all the added fruit really gives it that amped up ‘wow’ factor to make your guests feel extra special. Ok, so full disclosure. Sometimes, I just make this for myself. For no reason. Other than every day should be special. And when some days need an extra boost in that department… well, it’s time to break out a pretty glass and pour some tea.
So, go ahead. Brew a little tea, add some apple cider, mint simple syrup and garnish it up with loads of fruit. Then invite someone over who’s been needing to hear from you for a chat on the porch or to catch up in those comfy chairs in your living room. Or steep something special just for you on a Tuesday for no reason at all. A little casual hospitality is waiting.
Apple Spice Mint Tea with Blackberries
- 4 C water
- 4 tea bags orange pekoe & pekoe cut black tea (I like Luzianne.)
- 2 C spiced apple cider
- 4 C cold water
Mint Simple Syrup
- 1 C water
- 5 oz mint leaves and stems (about 1 handful)
- 1/2 C sugar
- apple slices
- mint leaves
- Boil 4 C water in tea kettle or microwave. Add tea bags to boiling water and let steep 5 minutes.
- Combine 1 C water, mint leaves, and 1/2 C sugar in large measuring cup. Heat in microwave for 3-5 minutes. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Let steep 5 minutes.
- In tea pitcher, add 4 C steeped tea, 4 C cold water, mint simple syrup, 2 C spiced apple cider. Stir to combine.
- Add handful of apple slices and handful of blackberries to pitcher. Serve immediately with ice for iced tea.
Pretties You Might Need to Serve Apple Spice Mint Tea!