These unbelievably fluffy and tender muffins will make you forget they are absolutely loaded with good stuff- like shredded carrots and zucchini! Lightly sweetened with brown sugar & cinnamon, made super moist with sour cream and sprinkled with the nutty crunch of walnuts, these Delicious Carrot Zucchini Muffins are the perfect go-to for breakfast or afternoon snack!
What You Need To Make Zucchini Carrot Muffins
- brown sugar
- sour cream
- all purpose flour
- baking soda & powder
If you love zucchini bread, then these muffins are going to be your jam! Packed with 3 cups of shredded zucchini, then complimented by a cup of crisp shredded carrots, these little muffins are a beautiful way to get in a few veggies as you and your loved ones start your day.
I especially love seeing my kids grab a few as they head out the door or when those mid afternoon snack cravings hits. Or even better, when they ask, “When are we going to have those muffins again, you know, the ones with carrots and stuff in them?” Isn’t the magic of a little brown sugar and cinnamon amazing?
For me, I like the settle in on the patio with a cup of coffee and one or two of these surprise muffins for a quiet moment before I start my day. The extra moisture from the zucchini and the added sour cream make these muffins so soft and moist. Just as good or even better than any coffee cake around!
Good ingredients make good food that we love to serve to those we care about. And that’s just what these Carrot Zucchini Muffins are all about. Lightly sweet and cinnamon-y, these gorgeous muffins with their veggie confetti will find their way onto your table again and again!
These muffins are perfect for:
- Mother’s Day
- Everyday Breakfast or Snack
- Using Extra Zucchini From Your Garden
Substitutions and Add-ins
- For an even healthier twist, substitute butter with 1/2 C unsweetened applesauce. This will make the muffins a bit denser, but still delicious!
- Want to amp these muffins with even more goodness? Sprinkle uncooked oats on the tops of these muffins before cooking for added texture and yum!
- Instead of muffins, try this recipe in loaf pans for a delicious bread!
Can these muffins be frozen?
- They sure can! When completely cooled, bag them up in freezer bags in the serving sizes that you like (1 muffin, 3 muffins, etc. ) and freeze. Pull them out the night before to thaw for grab and go servings in the mornings or afternoons!
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW!
RATE IT, LEAVE A COMMENT OR SNAP A PHOTO.
Delicious Carrot Zucchini Muffins with Walnuts
- 3 C all purpose flour, not packed, leveled with a knife
- 3 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 2/3 C brown sugar, packed
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 2/3 C sour cream
- 3 C shredded zucchini, about 4 medium zucchini
- 1 C shredded carrots (I use pre-cut match stick carrots.)
- 1 C chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray or line cups with muffin liners.
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift together first 5 dry ingredients using a mesh colander and shaking or a flour sifter. Stir with a fork. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, combine sugar and butter until creamy. Add eggs one at a time. Mix in sour cream.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Mix on low until well incorporated. Fold in zucchini (no need to pat dry, add just like it is). Fold in carrots and walnuts.
- Spoon batter into muffin tin, filling cups 3/4 of the way full. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Cool on baking rack for 5-10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Other Breakfast Recipes You’ll Love
- Cobblestone Apple Muffins
- Farmstyle Buttermilk Strawberry Muffins
- The Best Homemade Gingerbread Muffins
- Standout Cinnamon Banana Bread with Oats
- Make- Ahead Blueberry Breakfast Bake
MAKING IT EASY TO HOST & SERVE
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
If you like these recommended products, then you’ll love Southern Discourse’s Amazon Store!
***Pin to Save This Moist & Delicious Carrot Zucchini Muffin Recipe***