This Banana French Toast Bake has layers of luscious caramelized bananas and rich, buttery croissants bathed in delicious egg custard and topped with crunchy frosted corn flakes! This special brunch casserole combines all your breakfast favorites in one delicious, easy casserole perfect for brunch, special weekends and holidays.
What You Need To Make Banana French Toast Bake with Frosted Corn Flakes Topping
- half & half
- brown sugar
- maple syrup
- cinnamon, vanilla extract, salt
- frosted corn flakes
There’s nothing more classic than a bowl of bananas and frosted corn flakes… or maybe the winning combo is bananas and brown sugar caramel, a la bananas foster… There’s just so much perfect goodness here, it’s hard to know!
But one thing is for sure, this easy banana french toast casserole is 100% one of the best french toast bakes around. A little bit decadent, a whole lot of fun, brunch has never tasted quite this amazing before!
Can Banana French Toast Bake be Made Ahead of Time?
- It can. However, if you choose to make it the night before, using a sturdier bread like sour dough or an Italian or french loaf would work better (and not change the taste of the casserole too much). Croissants are delicate and soak up the custard quickly. They are at their best in this casserole when baked right away.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW!
RATE IT, LEAVE A COMMENT OR SNAP A PHOTO.
Banana French Toast Bake with Frosted Corn Flakes Topping
- 3/4 C brown sugar
- 1 stick butter
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 bananas
- 4 large croissants, 6 inch
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 C half & half
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 C frosted corn flakes cereal
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375° Fahrenheit. Spray 2 quart casserole dish with non stick cooking spray.
- In a microwave safe bowl make filling by heating 3/4 C brown sugar, 1 stick of butter and maple syrup in microwave using 45 second intervals, taking ingredients out and stirring after every interval, until butter is melted.
- Add vanilla and cinnamon to butter mixture (caramel), stir well. Add bananas and toss until well coated. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, half & half, brown sugar and salt. Set aside.
- Using a bread knife, cut croissants into 1-2 in cubes. Cover the bottom of the casserole dish with 1/2 of the bread cubes. Top with 1/2 of caramelized bananas. Use a spatula to work the bananas over all of the bread. Repeat layers. Pour the egg custard over all of the casserole, making sure to get it into all of the edges, nooks and crannies. Press bread down a little to make sure it is soaking up the custard. Let sit 5-10 minutes or until most of the custard has been absorbed.
- Top with 1 C frosted corn flakes cereal. Pour 2 Tbsp melted butter over the corn flakes. Bake in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes or until the center is set. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before slicing and serving with maple syrup.
Other Breakfast / Brunch Casseroles You’ll Love
- Cheesy Farmhouse Breakfast Casserole
- Strawberry French Toast Casserole
- Make Ahead Blueberry Breakfast Bake
- Overnight Sausage Breakfast Casserole with Croutons
- Sausage, Egg & Cheese Brunch Cake/ Pull Apart Bread
MAKING FAMILY BREAKFAST & Holiday Brunch EASY
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
If you like these recommended products, then you’ll love Southern Discourse’s Amazon Store!
***PIN to SAVE This Banana French Toast Bake***