Easy Peanut Butter Yogurt Parfaits with apples & pumpkin granola are a quick and simple way to get a healthy breakfast or afternoon snack on the table! Rich, velvety layers of greek yogurt, mixed with peanut butter, honey and spices with the crisp crunch of fall apples and sweet pumpkin granola make this treat you and yours will want to eat all the time!
What You Need To Make Peanut Butter Yogurt Parfaits
- creamy or crunchy peanut butter
- vanilla Greek yogurt
- pumpkin granola (I use Nature’s Path.)
- honey (Manuka honey is our healthy favorite.)
This recipe starts out with that delicious childhood favorite-peanut butter and honey- rich, salty peanut butter with just the right amount of sticky floral honey whiskedmright in. And while you might be tempted to stop right there and grab a spoon, hold on! This classic concoction only gets better with a little cinnamon and nutmeg sprinkled in. Fold in a little Greek yogurt and your childhood favorite just got an extra oomph of protein to start the day or get you through the afternoon!
Layers of crisp, chunky apple and crunchy pumpkin granola are just the right balance for your clouds of newly whipped up peanut butter & honey yogurt. I use a quick store bought granola that’s packed with pumpkin seeds and flax for a little extra goodness. It’s ease and convenience keeps things moving along in the morning or during busy afternoons. But if you have the time, you could make your own!
Whether you decide to go semi-homemade or 100% from scratch, doesn’t really matter. The fact that you can easily put together delicious food that brings a smile to your face and to the faces you love the most is what good cooking is all about!
Peanut Butter Yogurt Parfaits with apples & pumpkin granola are a quick and easy way to get breakfast or afternoon snack on the table.
- 1 C peanut butter
- 15 oz vanilla Greek yogurt
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 2 apples, diced
- 2 C pumpkin granola
Whisk together peanut butter & honey in a medium bowl. Add in spices. Mix well. Fold in yogurt.
Layer diced apples, granola and peanut butter yogurt in a small parfait glass and serve!
Can I Make These Ahead of Time?
- You can whip of the peanut butter yogurt ahead of time and dice your apples as long as you cover your apples with water and lemon juice and refrigerate. But you will want to wait on layering up your parfaits until right before you serve them. Otherwise, the granola can get soggy.
Can I Put These in My Child’s Lunch Box?
- Yep! To make this lunch box friendly, layer apples on the bottom of small plastic container, top with peanut butter yogurt and cover. Pour a little granola in a snack baggy so it can be added as a topping right at the lunch table. (Just check to make sure no classmates have peanut allergies before sending.)
Are There Other Add-ins You Recommend?
- Any fruits and nuts that you and yours enjoy is a good choice. Go ahead & make this recipe your own! My personal “extra” additions are bananas, raisins, cranberries, chocolate chips, pecans or walnuts. For an extra punch of crunch, try crunchy peanut butter! There are tons of ways to mix this up so that your family will enjoy it.
Other Recipes You’ll Love
- White Chocolate Dipped PB&J Snack Bites
- Fluffy Peanut Butter Fruit Dip
- Farmstyle Buttermilk Strawberry Muffins
- Sheet Pan Eggs in a Basket
- Make Ahead Blueberry Bake