America’s favorite side dish is potatoes! And with so many quick and easy ways to prepare them, it’s no surprise. They are perfect for potlucks, cookouts, holidays and everyday family meals. Casual or fancy, whether you need a crisp, creamy, cheesy or casserole-style side dish for lunch, brunch or dinner, this list of potato side dishes has you covered!
Not only is America’s favorite side dish potatoes, at the top of that list is French Fries. Who doesn’t love a handful of crisp, salty fries to munch with a meal or without? But there is so much more to potatoes than French fries.
From fluffy mashed to chunky salads, loaded to cheesy casseroles, potatoes do it all. And with this list, you’ll be able to round out any meal from brunch to dinner with a quick and easy potato side dish that everyone is sure to love.
What To Serve with A Side of Potatoes
- Juicy Lucy Broiler Burgers
- Perfect Cast Iron Skillet Steak
- Classic Chicken Fried Steak Fingers
- Crispy Ranch Chicken Tenders
- Cherry Cola BBQ Pulled Pork (Slow Cooker)
- Easy Crock Pot BBQ Boneless Chicken Thighs
My Go-To Potato Prep Tools
Every recipe, every prep task is easier with the right tools! For years, I made do with whatever I had in the kitchen drawer. But I sure wasn’t doing myself any favors. A few well-chosen kitchen tools are lifesavers when it comes to making recipes quick, easy and successful every time. Talk about putting a little joy in the process! Here are my go-to’s for potato recipes- professional potato peeler anyone?
- Adjustable Mandolin for quick & easy thin, even slices
- Vegetable Scrub Brush
- Potato Masher
- Butter Crock for soft butter
- Professional Grade Potato Peeler
- 6 Speed Electric Hand Mixer for fluffy, whipped potatoes