Who can resist juicy, tender BBQ boneless, skinless chicken thighs cooked with the ease of the slow cooker? Hands-off cooking has never been so easy or delicious! Coated with a simple rub then bathed in your favorite sauce with just a few tweaks, fabulous fall-apart BBQ chicken with layers of flavor is served.
Sometimes dinner has to find a way get on the table even when we are busy doing other things. Enter these easy BBQ chicken thighs. Super simple, but not short on flavor and definitely not short on family approval.
And everyone definitely knows when they’re on the menu too. It’s not long after the slow cooker lid is closed that rich, smoky flavors and simmering sauce waft through the house making tempting promises of the meal to come. One by one, family members drift in too, “Are we having that BBQ chicken?”
Ingredients for Crock Pot BBQ Boneless Chicken Thighs
- boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Worcestershire sauce
- dijon mustard
- favorite BBQ sauce (or this homemade recipe)
- salt, pepper, garlic, paprika
- crock pot/slow cooker
Variations & Additions
Sometimes, we like to mix it up sometimes by adding a little heat to our sauce. If you like a spicy kick, you could too! Here are 3 ways we amp it up depending on what we have on hand:
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes,
- 1-2 tsp hot sauce (like Tabasco),
- use this hot BBQ sauce from one of our Memphis favorites as our sauce base.
What to Serve With Boneless BBQ Chicken Thighs
Any of these side dishes make a great meal when paired with this simple BBQ chicken recipe:
- Creamy Dill Potato Salad
- Ultimate Pepper Jack Mac and Cheese
- Homestyle Deviled Eggs
- Hawaiian Baked Beans
- Southern Macaroni Salad
This easy Crock Pot Chicken recipe is a great way to gather your people around the table without a lot of fuss. Saucy grins and requests for seconds tell it all!
Other Easy Slow Cooker/ BBQ Recipes You’ll Love
- Cherry Cola BBQ Pulled Pork
- Shredded Chicken BBQ Sandwiches
- Whiskey Peach BBQ Meatballs
- Ultimate Mexican Pot Roast
- BBQ Sheet Pan Nachos
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW!
RATE IT, LEAVE A COMMENT OR SNAP A PHOTO.
Easy Crock Pot BBQ Boneless Chicken Thighs
- slow cooker
- 6-8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 Tbsp butter FOR EACH THIGH
- 1 3/4 C BBQ sauce
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp dijon mustard
- In a small bowl, combine salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika. Rub on each chicken thigh. Place thighs in bottom of crock pot. Put 1/2 Tbsp pat of butter on each thigh.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, mix BBQ sauce, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Pour sauce over thighs.
- Cook on high 3-4 hours.