If seriously tasty chicken strips are your thing, then Crispy Ranch Chicken Tenders are for you! Loaded with all the flavor of buttermilk and Ranch seasoning, these chicken tenders are bound to become your favorite easy fried chicken recipe.
Fried chicken, really good fried chicken, just might be my most favorite food, my last meal request, my serious crispy comfort food craving. Which means I’ve tried a lot of fried chicken recipes. One of my best, quick go-tos when a craving hits is this simple chicken tender recipe punched up with all the flavor Ranch seasoning.
Believe me when I say that chicken tenders aren’t just for kids. Homemade chicken tenderloins deliver real deal boneless, skinless, delicious chicken plus the crunch of a golden, crispy coating in a fraction of the time it takes to cook large pieces of chicken on the bone. Not to mention they are the perfect size for serving as game day snacks or party appetizers!
Why Ranch seasoning & buttermilk? Ranch Dressing seasoning mix is one of those fail proof short cuts that makes sure your chicken gets all the right herbs and spices with the incredible ease of just opening a single packet.
And those herbs and spices are where it’s at! They don’t make your chicken taste like the salad dressing. But paired with creamy buttermilk, they do guarantee a well-seasoned, crispy coating jazzed up with all sorts of savory flavor.
Only 6 Ingredients To Make Crispy Ranch Chicken Tenders
- boneless, skinless chicken tenderloins
- Buttermilk Ranch Dressing Seasoning Mix packet
- all purpose flour
- coarse ground black pepper
- dried parsley
How to Make The Best Chicken Tenders Ever
Soak. Place all the chicken tenders in a large bowl or in 8×8 baking dish, cover with buttermilk. Make sure no tenders are stuck together but have buttermilk on both sides as they soak.
Coat. In a shallow bowl, mix together the flour, Ranch seasoning, pepper and parsley. Place one buttermilk coated tender in the flour mixture. Generously cover sides and top with flour mixture and gently press flour mixture into the chicken tender. Turn chicken tender over and repeat process until it is well coated with flour.
Place coated chicken tender on a wire rack with a baking sheet underneath to rest until all tenders have been coated. Coating will get a little wet and mushy while it rests. This makes for an extra crisp coating when you fry!
Fry. Place 3-4 tenders in heated oil and cook for 5-8 minutes on one side, then turn over. Cook for 5-8 more minutes and let chicken get golden brown and crispy all over.
What to Serve with Ranch Chicken Tenders
Any of these potato dishes would be perfect partners for these crispy homemade chicken fingers.
- Fluffy Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Horseradish Mashed Potatoes with Cream Cheese
- Ultimate Scalloped Potatoes
- Garlic Parmesan Sweet Potato Wedges
- Southern Deviled Egg Potato Salad
Along with a veggie or two, salad or a slaw!
- Sauteed Green Beans with Bacon & Mushrooms
- Broccoli Slaw with Apples and Brussel Sprouts
- Southern Tomato Cucumber Salad
- Apple Cole Slaw with Buttermilk Dressing
- Hawaiian Baked Beans
Don’t forget the Dipping Sauce!
Whether you’re serving these chicken strips as a family meal or a party or game day snack, you can’t forget the dipping sauce! The fun is always in the dipping.
- Honey & Pineapple Mustard
- Campfire Fry Sauce
- Louisiana Remoulade Sauce
- Sweet & Spicy Tennessee BBQ Sauce
- Ketchup or even more creamy, delicious Ranch
How to Reheat Breaded Ranch Chicken Tenders
Since chicken tenders are boneless, reheating any leftovers is easy! Just put them on a baking sheet in a 350 degree oven or in a toaster oven and heat until warm and breading is crisp and begins to glisten. Pull them from the oven, and they’re ready for dipping and enjoying again.
If you love chicken tenders, you’ll also love Classic Chicken Fried Steak Fingers!
Air Fryer Chicken Tender Instructions
To make this recipe in the air fryer, simply replace 1C of flour with 1C of panko bread crumbs and coat chicken as directed in recipe. Heat air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Place 2-3 strips in basket, careful not to overcrowd. Lightly spray tops of chicken strips with cooking spray. Cook 5 minutes. Flip. Spray. Cook for 5 minutes again.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW!
RATE IT, LEAVE A COMMENT OR SNAP A PHOTO.
Crispy Ranch Chicken Tenders
- 2 lb boneless, skinless chicken tenderloins
- 2 C buttermilk
- 2 C all purpose flour
- 1 packet Buttermilk Ranch Dressing Seasoning Mix
- 1 tsp coarse ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- canola or peanut oil for frying
- Heat oil in dutch oven, iron skillet or deep fryer to about 375 degrees Fahrenheit while preparing and breading your chicken strips. Just remember to keep an eye on it while it heats up. Don't let the oil get too hot.
- In a large bowl or in 8×8 baking dish, place all chicken tenders and cover with buttermilk. Make sure no chicken tenders are stuck together and each tender has buttermilk on both sides as it soaks.
- In a shallow large bowl, use a fork to mix together the flour, Ranch seasoning, pepper and parsley.
- Remove one chicken strip from buttermilk and place in the flour mixture. Generously cover sides and top of strip with flour mixture and gently press flour mixture into the chicken tender. Turn chicken tender over and repeat process until it is well coated with flour. Place coated chicken tender on a wire rack with a baking sheet underneath to rest until all tenders have been coated.
- Test oil with either a candy thermometer or by dropping a little flour into. If it sizzles, oil is ready. Using tongs, place one chicken tender in the oil. If oil sizzles vigorously, then add 2-3 more strips. Be sure to leave the chicken plenty of room to cook. Cook tenders for 5-8 minutes on one side, then turn over. Let chicken brown all over.
- Remove chicken from oil and let drain on a wire rack with a paper towel lined baking sheet underneath. Sprinkle with salt and extra dried parsley, if desired. Serve warm with dipping sauces.
Join the Discourse to receive weekly encouragement & build your faith. It’s from this place that true love & hospitality springs! It’s why we cook up good food, create comforting homes and love our neighbors as ourselves!