This easy recipe for Cheesy Smashed Potato Bites is going to seriously up your side dish game! Your family is going to love loading up their plates with these baby red or gold potatoes with oodles of melted cheddar, rich garlic and crispy potato skins. Move over baked potatoes, little brother is stealing the show!
What You Need To Make Baked Cheesy Smashed Potatoes
- 1 lb mini red potatoes or mixed mini potatoes
- grated cheddar cheese
- fresh parsley
- salt, pepper, minced garlic
These easy little potatoes are the best thing to happen to side dishes in a while. Each bite is loaded with all the goodness of a baked potato AND hot, crispy potato wedges! Soft, potato centers, crispy potato edges and skins… and all that cheese! Serve this with a dollop of sour cream or, better yet, Ranch dip or dressing and you’ve got all the makings of a favorite dish!
Just boil, smash, top and bake! That’s all it takes to whip up these golden bites. I love using red potatoes for this recipe, but baby gold potatoes work just as well. For these photos, I grabbed a bag from my local grocery store that had a mixture of both. The best of both worlds, plus a little color. I call that a huge food win!
These Smashed Baked Potato Bites were gone almost as soon as I put them out, which makes me think they would make awesome appetizers too. Add a little bacon? Why not! Anyway you slice it (or smash it), these potatoes are hands down the perfect addition to any menu.
Tips & Notes
- Instead of parsley, try finely chopped broccoli or chives.
- Top with bacon for added taste and heartiness.
- Serve with sour cream or Ranch dip for extra yum!
Baked Cheesy Smashed Potatoes
- 1 lb (25-26) mini/baby potatoes, red or gold
- ¼ C butter, melted
- ¼ C grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450° Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or aluminum foil. (If using foil, spray with nonstick cooking spray.)
- In a large pot, boil potatoes in heavily salted water. When potatoes are fork tender, remove from heat and drain.
- Mix parsley, garlic and melted butter together in a small bowl or measuring cup. Set aside.
- Arrange drained potatoes on baking sheet. Lightly smash each potato using a fork.
- Sprinkle each potato with the salt and black pepper. Spoon the butter mixture over each potato. Top with grated cheese. Bake in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes.
Other Recipes You’ll Love
- Horseradish Mashed Potatoes with Cream Cheese & Garlic
- Stuffed Party Potatoes
- Meat & Potatoes Au Gratin
- Southern Potato Salad
- Loaded BBQ Sweet Potato Skins
MAKING IT EASY TO HOST & SERVE
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
If you like these recommended products, then you’ll love Southern Discourse’s Amazon Store!
***Pin These Baked Cheesy Smashed Potato Bites***