When you can’t grill outside, you can still have great, juicy hamburgers at home… if you know how to broil them in the oven! It’s as easy as turning on the oven and setting a timer. That’s it! And to make sure we bring the extra special in this simple recipe, these juicy Lucy Broiler Burgers are mixed with shredded cheese to create a full flavored Juicy Lucy style burger in every bite!
I grew up eating burgers this way. My mom was not going to stand over a hot grill, fool with charcoal (or later, turning on the gas) or any of the things that went along with outdoor cooking. Dinner was cooked in the kitchen, on time, with no fuss. Period.
But that didn’t mean we weren’t ever going to eat burgers! Those were the occasions when she would pull out the broiler pans, turn on the oven and enlist me to pat out the “patties.” She would start frying up french fries, and we would slice up some tomatoes, lettuce and red onion. It was burger night!
What You Need To Make Juicy Lucy Broiler Burgers
- ground beef
- shredded cheese
- salt, pepper
- Worcestershire sauce
Burger night was a go-to in my mom’s “quick meal” arsenal. Broiling burgers only takes about 10 minutes tops and delivers deliciously juicy burgers with carmelized edges with almost zero effort. It was an easy way to get a homemade meal on the table that everyone was sure to gobble up with no complaints!
What to Serve with Juicy Lucy Broiler Burgers
- Creamy Dill Potato Salad
- Garlic Parmesan Sweet Potato Wedges
- Campfire Fry Sauce
- Tomato Cucumber Salad
- Crisp Apple Coleslaw with Buttermilk Dressing
These days, broiler burgers are one of my quick and easy go-tos as well. I make them for my family during the winter, when it’s too wet or dark to grill or we just need something quick & easy.
This particular recipe incorporates shredded cheese right into the burgers to create melty, cheesy Juicy Lucy Broiler Burgers instead of melting the cheese on top cheeseburger style. Just for a little something extra. And who doesn’t like a little something extra to share with the ones they love?
Other Sandwich & Burger Recipes You’ll Love
- Shredded Chicken BBQ Sandwich (slow cooker recipe)
- Homemade Sloppy Joe Sliders
- The Classic Muffuletta
- Hawaiian Pineapple Burgers with Avocado Salsa
- Shredded Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- Spicy Italian Crescent Ring
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW!
RATE IT, LEAVE A COMMENT OR SNAP A PHOTO.
- Broiler pan
- 3 lbs premium ground beef
- 2-3 C shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 splashes Worcestershire sauce
- Turn oven on to the broiler setting and let preheat. Cover the bottom of the broiler pan in foil for easy clean up later.
- Mix ingredients together in large mixing bowl, being careful not to overmix.
- Divide mixture into 6 large balls. Press balls out flat to make about ¾ " thick patties. The burgers may seem large at first, but the meat will shrink and draw up as it cooks.
- Place burgers on broiler pan and put under broiler in oven. Cook for 6-8 minutes on one side. Flip the burgers and cook for another 6-8 minutes on the other.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 2 minutes before serving.
Making It Easy to Host & Serve