From breakfast to dessert, easy sandwiches, salads and a few dips and drinks in between, these light and fresh strawberry recipes create delightful dishes that answer the question of what to do with all those plump, red berries during strawberry season, while also helping you make the most strawberries all spring and summer!
Strawberry season in the Deep South runs from the end of April through May. During this time of year, flats and flats of fresh strawberries can be purchased at roadside stands, from ball teams and FFA fundraisers, at local berry farms and at the farmer’s market. It is gorgeous, red berry heaven- sweet and ripe, plump and perfect.
But this time of year also begs the question of what to do with all those perfect berries before they go bad. And while an easy freezer jam is often the answer, these berries have oh, so much more to offer! This week’s recipe collection features fresh strawberry recipes that show off just what these berries can do. (You’ll find recipe that use frozen berries and jam too!)
From breakfast to dessert and everything in between, strawberries have a knack for doing it all.
Strawberry Recipe Prep & Storage Essentials
Having some convenient tools can make strawberry prep and storage so much easier. Being prepped properly can even make sure that your fresh strawberries last longer in the fridge. This list includes some of my favorite kitchen gadgets, storage and serving pieces sure to make strawberry season a joy!
- Multi-Use Strawberry Slicer (Easily slices strawberries for salads or baking, but also slices eggs, cherry tomatoes and more)
- Small Fruit Colander (the perfect size for washing strawberries and other fruit; also can double as a functional fruit bowl)
- Easy Strawberry Huller (remove those strawberry tops and centers so quickly & easily with this tool)
- Cute Ceramic Berry Baskets (ideal for serving and storing berries)
- Fresh Saver Fruit Storage (elevated base, air vents, & a filter keeps your washed fruit fresh longer in these space-saving containers)
- Blue & White Berry Bowl (strawberries pop when served in this blue & white fruit bowl; elevates any brunch, shower, dessert or picnic)