If you love fruit pizza, then this beautiful, easy recipe is just for you! A dazzling dessert or a star at brunch, there’s really no time that’s a bad time for this colorful gem, with its fresh fruit, cream cheese lime filling, honey lime glaze and sugar cookie crust.
What You Need To Make Honey Lime Fruit Tart
- refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- cream cheese
- whipped topping
- confectioner’s sugar
- poppy seeds
There are a couple of things my people love- fruit (all kinds, they can down it by the bushel) and fruit pizza. Specifically, my son is absolutely crazy about fruit pizza. He asks for it at birthdays and holidays and any other time he thinks he can slip it in, and I’m always happy to oblige.
This year, however, I decided that plain ol’ fruit pizza just wouldn’t do. It needed a makeover. Blame it on regularly watching too much Great British Baking Show (Mary Berry is the best!) or my penchant for brunching or even a little spring fever… But it was time humble fruit pizza stepped up its game.
And so was born the Honey Lime Fruit Tart.
A tart tin takes the simple crust from ho-hum to “hey, hey”! While the cream cheese lime filling gives the whole pie a bright, refreshing zing. Lastly, the honey lime glaze with poppy seeds makes the fruit glisten and shine, not to mention, loads of extra flavor (any leftover glaze makes a great dressing for a little fruit salad)!
The results? A stunning upgrade that just might taste better than it looks! Honey Lime Fruit Tart is a true show stopper as a dessert, at brunch, ladies lunches, for showers, tea and most certainly holidays and special occasions. Who knew fruit pizza could do all that?
Honey Lime Fruit Tart
- 16.5 oz. tube refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 16 oz. strawberries, sliced
- 1 pt. blueberries
- 6 oz. blackberries
- 2-3 kiwi, peeled and sliced
Cream Cheese Lime Filling
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- ½ C whipped topping
- ⅓ C confectioner's sugar
- 2 tsp. lime juice
Honey Lime Glaze
- ⅛ C honey
- 1 ½ Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. poppy seeds
- ½ tsp. fresh lime zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- On parchment paper, use a rolling pin to roll out refrigerated cookie dough just larger than your tart tin. Pick up the parchment paper with the rolled out dough and turn it over into the tart tin. Very gently press the dough into the sides and corners of the tin. Use a knife to trim edges even with the top of the tin. Prick the dough in the bottom of the tin to prevent any bubbles. Bake for 11-14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- While the cookie crust is baking, slice fruit, make filling and glaze.
- To make filling, whip cream cheese, sugar, and lime juice with a mixer. Fold in whipped topping.
- To make glaze, whisk together honey, lime juice, zest and poppy seeds.
- Spread filling onto cooled crust. Add fruit in rows on top of filling. Brush with Honey Lime Glaze. Remove tart from tin by releasing the sides of the tin and garnish, if desired, with extra whipped topping and fruit.
- Dough will be sticky and can tear easily. Sprinkle with flour as you roll it out to firm up the dough.
- Dough can be pieced together in the tin if it breaks. Just make sure to seal the seams!
- Tart tin does not have to be greased.
Other Fruit Recipes You’ll Love:
Making It Easy To Make & Serve
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you.