Love chocolate covered strawberries? Then these Strawberry Jam Brownies are definitely calling your name! Thisrich, berry-licious homemade brownie recipe is over-the-top loaded with strawberry jam, cheesecake, chocolate chips & chocolate cookies. Pair it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, and you may have found your dessert heaven!
A chocolate covered strawberry is just about as perfect as it gets. That bright, sweet fruit and rich, velvety chocolate seem like they were made for each other. However, I’m not always up for dipping a bunch of berries in chocolate and waiting for them to set. So when the craving hits, this recipe is my go-to.
RELATED RECIPES: 7 Light & Fresh Strawberry Recipes
These Strawberry Jam Brownies encapsulate everything that’s best about chocolate and strawberries. They’re decadent, indulgent, and have just the right berry to chocolate ratio. Plus, there’s cheesecake and cookies thrown in for good measure. Why not? Top it off with some vanilla ice cream, and you’ve got a strawberry sundae like no other!
Ingredients for Loaded Strawberry Jam Brownies
- cocoa powder
- semi sweet baking chocolate
- strawberry jam
- cream cheese
- chocolate chips
- mini Oreos
You can create a gorgeous marbled effect with your cream cheese and jam topping by adding dollops of both to the top of the brownie batter and running a butter knife or wooden skewer through them. My topping here is more spread on than marbled simply because I got a little carried away.
That happens sometimes. Getting carried away. Especially when I’m thinking about chocolate… and strawberries.
There are times when you just want all the dessert- chocolate, cheesecake, berries. And this Loaded Strawberry Jam Brownie recipe really delivers!
Tips for the Best Homemade Brownies
- Using really good chocolate and cocoa powder will make your brownies unbelievable good, so think quality when choosing your ingredients.
- Also, the jam brings a lot of sweetness to the bake. Using bittersweet baking chocolate and semi sweet chips keeps everything in balance.
- It’s important to let these brownies cool before slicing them. The cheesecake topping and jam will be a runny mess if you don’t. I actually think these are best the next day!
- Also make sure you bake until the center doesn’t jiggle. If you feel like your edges are getting too brown, either cover with foil and continue to bake or lower the temp to 325 and bake a little longer than the specified bake time. I’ve had to do both before.
Other Bars and Brownie Recipes You’ll Love
- Gooey Black Bottom Pecan Pie Brownies
- Last Minute Valentine Brownies & Toppings
- Best Ever Pecan Pie Brownies
- Hello Dolly Magic Cookie Bars
- Coconut Lime Bars
Loaded Strawberry Jam Brownies
- 1 stick butter
- 5 oz semi sweet baking chocolate, chopped
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 C sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 C flour
- 1/4 C crushed mini Oreos
- 1/4 C semi sweet chocolate chips
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 C strawberry jam
- 1/4 C crushed mini Oreos
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit. Lightly spray 8×8 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Over low heat, melt butter and chocolate chips in a medium sauce pan. Remove from heat and whisk in cocoa powder, sugar and vanilla. Beat eggs and gradually whisk into batter. Whisk in flour, salt, chocolate chips and crushed Oreos. Whisk well to fully incorporate. Pour into 8×8 pan and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together cream cheese, sugar, egg & vanilla. Add cream cheese topping to top of brownie batter in 9 evenly spaced dollops. Do the same with the strawberry jam. Run a butter knife back and forth through the jam, cheesecake and brownie batter to create a marbled effect. Top with rest of crushed Oreos.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes or until center is set. If edges of brownies start to become too brown, cover with foil as the brownies cook. Remove from oven and let cool before slicing.
Making It Easy To Host & Serve
For ideas and products to serve this jello salad at a party or to family and friends, visit the Southern Discourse Amazon Store. There I share serving pieces, glassware, cookware and other items I use in my own home, along with many of my favorite products for hosting, cooking and everyday living!
I came over from FB for the Buster Bar Ice Cream Dessert, but couldn’t leave before taking a peek around!
I’ve a question about these Strawberry Jam Brownies (which I fully intend to make ASAP).
Have you tried freezing these? If possible, I’d like to keep some of these on hand for funeral meals at church.
Hi, Mary! I so glad that you stayed and looked around! Welcome! I have never frozen these, but I don’t see why they wouldn’t freeze well after being baked. I do know that, while they are delicious when they’re warm, they are something else when chilled. I think they would work well for what you are planning. Thank you so much for blessing others when they need it most!