This easy winter fruit salad is filled with apples, dried cranberries, green grapes, kiwi and strawberries for a cheerful red & green, festive look! Tossed in a simple cinnamon orange honey dressing, this crisp and sweetly tart salad appeals to the senses and celebrates all the right flavors of the season.
What You Need to Make Red & Green Fruit Salad with Dressing
- red apple
- green apple
- green grapes
- dried cranberries
- orange juice
There’s hardly anything better than a big bowl of fruit salad! And this gorgeous bounty of red & green deliciousness is no different. It sits just as comfortably on the holiday dinner table as it does on the brunch table or dessert buffet. Need something to take to a potluck, tailgate or party? No one is going to turn down fruit salad…
Especially this one! It is a veritable kaleidoscope of color, flavor and aroma. The crunch of the apples and the sweet of the berries and kiwi fruit is only made better by the tart zing of dried cranberries and green grapes. Think it can’t get any better? Just wait until you whisk together the fragrant honey, orange juice, vanilla and cinnamon for the light, perfectly balanced dressing! And just look at all that scrumptious, punchy color. Red and green never looked so good.
There’s hardly an event we don’t celebrate without a fruit salad around here. It’s always the star of any table. The Engineer declares it one of his most favorite”anytime” dishes, meaning he thinks it suitable to be guiltlessly consumed all day long and at every occasion. And with just one bite of this delicious eye-catching salad, I think you’ll agree!
Red & Green Fruit Salad
- 1 medium red apple, chopped
- 1 medium green apple, chopped
- 2 C halved green grapes
- 1 C dried cranberries
- 3-4 kiwi fruit, peeled, halved and sliced
- 16 oz strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 C honey
- 1/4 C orange juice
- 1 Tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together ingredients for dressing. Set aside.
- Mix together chopped and sliced fruit. Pour dressing over fruit and gently toss. Serve immediately or cover & refrigerate before serving.
- When chopping and slicing my fruit, I chop my apples last. This gives them less time to sit out in the air and turn brown.
- This is also why it is important to make the dressing first and have it ready to pour over the fruit as soon as you finishing chopping.
- Delicious add-ins: coconut and/or pecans
Other Recipes You’ll Love
- Classic Fruit Salad with Old Fashioned Century Sauce
- Blackberry Margarita Ambrosia
- Apple, Cheese, Celery Salad
- Strawberry Jello Salad
- Tropical Orange Jello Salad
- Marshmallow Champagne Fruit Dip
MAKING IT EASY TO HOST & SERVE
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
If you like these recommended products, then you’ll love Southern Discourse’s Amazon Store!
***Pin This Red & Green Fruit Salad***