This summer berry salad is loaded with all the sweet berries! Strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, it’s got them all. Sprinkled with soft feta and buttery pecans, who even cares that they come on a bed of mixed spring greens! Not to mention an easy cherry balsamic vinaigrette and sliced peppered porkloin, this salad makes a full meal that’s perfect for summer nights.
What You Need To Make This Berry Salad & Dressing
- baby spinach or spring mix salad
- feta cheese
- balsamic vinegar
- cherry coke
- juice from maraschino cherries
- peppercorn pork tenderloin
There are a lot of nights here lately when it’s just me and The Engineer at home for supper. The kids are here and there, doing their thing, eating on break at work or with friends. It’s on those nights that something light and easy seems to be what’s needed for supper.
Summer is wonderful for quick and easy meals with all the fresh fruits and veggies at our fingertips. And they are just bursting with that special flavor that can only be infused by sweet summer rain and the warm summer sun. There is no end to the ways they can be whipped up and thrown together for the perfect meal.
And even though those quiet nights with just the two of us inspire simple recipes like this, the whole family still enjoys them. From late night plates of salad dished up from the fridge to precious family meals accented with big baked potatoes and hot bread, summer salads are just what the season orders!
Berry Salad with Cherry Balsamic Dressing
- 10 oz. spring mix or baby spinach salad greens
- 16 oz. strawberries, sliced
- 6 oz. blackberries
- 6 oz. blueberries
- 6 oz. raspberries
- 6 oz. crumbled feta cheese
- 1 C pecan halves
- 18 oz. prepared peppered pork loin, sliced
- ½ C balsamic vinegar
- ½ C cherry cola
- ¼ C maraschino cherry juice
- Over medium heat, bring vinegar, cherry cola and cherry juice to a boil. Reduce and let simmer until reduced by approximately half (about 10 minutes). Let cool and pour into a dressing bottle or small pitcher.
- While dressing is cooling, slice strawberries, pork loin and assemble salad by arranging a bed of greens on a platter or serving tray and topping with berries, pecans and feta. Place pork medallions down the middle of salad. Drizzle with dressing. Add cracked black pepper, if desired.
Other Salad Recipes You’ll Love
- Melon Salad with Rotisserie Chicken & Lemon Garlic Vinaigrette
- Pear Salad with Figs and Ginger Molasses Vinaigrette
- Catalina Taco Salad
- Hot Bacon Dressing & Spinach Salad
Making it Easy to Host & Serve