This easy breakfast French toast bake is loaded with plump, sweet red strawberries and buttery pecans. It’s a gorgeously inviting brunch casserole, wonderful for holidays and perfect for those weekends when all the family is at home. Make it ahead of time or the day of! Just top it off with a drizzle of warm maple syrup and you’ve got guaranteed French toast heaven.
What You Need To Make Strawberry French Toast Casserole
- French or Italian loaf of bread
- half & half
- brown sugar
French toast is one of those divinely inspired meals that we just don’t get enough of. So whoever came up with the ease and convenience of whipping it up as a simple casserole is a downright genius. Plus, casserole-style makes adding fruit and other goodies to the mix a cinch!
And that’s one thing I like about this recipe. Depending on the season and preferences of your family, you can substitute the strawberries with your favorite fruit. Bananas , peaches, or any sort of berries are sure fire winners.
The same with the pecans! Don’t like them? Leave them out. Or try walnuts or almonds. This is one mix and match recipe that just keeps on giving. Make it countless different ways to surprise your family, to fit what you have on hand or tailor it to fit just what your people like best. French toast casserole is your new specialty!
If You Make this recipe, be sure to let me know!
Rate it, leave a comment or snap a photo.
Strawberry French Toast Casserole
- 12-16 oz French or Italian loaf bread, sliced thin (about 1/2")
- 6 medium-large eggs
- 1 1/2 C half & half
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 pint strawberries, cleaned & sliced
- 1 C pecans
- 1/4 C packed brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit. Spray a 2 quart casserole dish with non stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium to large mixing bowl, mix eggs, cream, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger and salt. Whisk until frothy.
- Line bread standing up in casserole dish. Tuck strawberry slices between bead slices. Keep 2-3 sliced strawberries back to use after casserole has baked. Top bread slices and tucked strawberries with pecans and brown sugar. Pour egg mixture over the top. Let it soak down into the bread. Cover and refrigerate for (at least) 30 minutes to soak. Can soak overnight in fridge if desired.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven. While still warm, tuck the extra strawberry slices in between bread slices all around the casserole for color. Serve warm with warm syrup.
Other Breakfast/Brunch Casserole Recipes You’ll Love
- Overnight Green Chile Breakfast Strata
- Make-Ahead Blueberry Breakfast Bake
- Overnight Sausage Breakfast Casserole with Croutons
- Sausage, Egg and Cheese Brunch Cake
- BLT Quiche
MAKING FAMILY BREAKFAST EASY
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
If you like these recommended products, then you’ll love Southern Discourse’s Amazon Store!
***Pin This Strawberry French Toast Casserole***