This post may contain affiliate links.
This is the best pumpkin muffin recipe! Light and tender with warm spices, these soft muffins are full of real pumpkin with an easy streusel topping of brown sugar, pecans, cinnamon and pumpkin seeds for a genuine bakery/coffee shop experience at home!
There is something comforting about the aromas of baking pumpkin and warm, sweet spices spices drifting through the house. They beckon us to come together, snuggle in and wrap our fingers around a cup of something warm. They are the heralds that fall baking season is here!
And that’s just what these streusel pumpkin muffins do. But you want to know a secret? While they taste and smell like all the traditions of fall, they’re really easy to make! Right along with Cobblestone Apple Muffins, Carrot Walnut Zucchini Muffins and Homemade Gingerbread Muffins, these pumpkin muffins are simple, tried and true family favorites that deliver all the feels of the season without a lot of fuss.
Why These Are The Best Pumpkin Muffins
- Each muffin is veritably loaded with real pumpkin. This recipe uses a whole can of pumpkin puree. That’s almost 2 cups- about twice as much as other recipes!
- They taste just like, if not better than, my favorite coffee shop’s pumpkin bread.
- The streusel topping of nuts, seeds, brown sugar and cinnamon make it so much more than your average muffin.
- Incredibly, this recipe only take about 35 minutes to make, from start to finish!
- These muffins make the perfect cozy treat when served with Spiced Caramel Apple Cider, Mexican Hot Chocolate, Dark Mocha Pumpkin Coffee Creamer, Butterscotch Coffee Creamer or Cinnamon Roll Coffee Creamer.
- Pumpkin muffins are perfect for holidays, brunch, breakfast, afternoon snacks, even dessert! Most definitely a go-to for sharing with neighbors and friends.
Pumpkin Muffins & Streusel Topping Ingredients
- pumpkin puree (canned pumpkin)
- granulated & brown sugar
- vegetable/canola oil
- baking soda & powder
- salt, pumpkin pie spice & cinnamon
- vanilla extract
- pumpkins seeds/pepitas
- chopped pecans
How to Make Pumpkin Muffins
Mix dry ingredients. Mix dry ingredients in a bowl using a fork or whisk.
Mix wet ingredients. Use a mixer to blend together the wet ingredients.
Create Batter & Fill Cups. Gradually add dry ingredient to wet to create pumpkin muffin batter. Spoon pumpkin muffin batter into muffin cups, filling each cup ¾ full.
Make Streusel. Make the easy streusel topping by tossing all streusel ingredients together in a small bowl until the mixture becomes like wet sand. Fill each muffin cup to the top with streusel mixture. Gently press mixture down into batter.
Bake. Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Recipe yields 16-18 muffins.
Easy Streusel For Pumpkin Muffins
These muffins are tender, moist and delicious without the streusel topping, but the topping is what takes these muffins from really, really good pumpkin muffins straight to the extraordinary category. It’s the ‘something more’ that elevates these muffins to cozy, inviting & special.
- Streusel is incredibly easy to make but adds a depth of taste and texture, not to mention a bakery-style appearance, to any muffin.
- Pepitas, along with pecans, add pretty color and a light nutty taste, as well as a soft crunch to these pumpkin spiced muffins.
- For a little extra color and texture, add ⅓ cup rolled oats to the streusel recipe for a seriously hearty breakfast or brunch treat!
Other Pumpkin Recipes You’ll Love
- 4 Layer Pumpkin Chocolate Delight with Pretzel Crust
- Butterscotch Pumpkin Dip
- No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Trifles
- Whipped Pumpkin Honey Butter
- No Bake Pumpkin Pie Bites
Make Sure You Have the Right Tools For This Year’s Baking Season!
If You Make This Recipe, I Can’t Wait To Hear About It!
Leave A Comment & Rating Below Or Snap A Photo To Share.
Best Pumpkin Muffins with Easy Streusel Topping
- 1 ¾ cups all purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup vegetable or canola oil
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
- ⅓ cup pumpkin seeds/pepitas, raw & unsalted
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375° Fahrenheit. Generously grease muffin tin or line tin with paper muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, mix together dry ingredients- flour, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, ground cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt- using a whisk or fork.
- Using a mixer, blend wet ingredients- oil, eggs, vanilla and pumpkin puree- until smooth. Continue to mix while gradually adding in flour mixture until all of the flour mixture has been incorporated to create batter and there are no lumps. Spoon pumpkin muffin batter into muffin cups, filling each cup ¾ full.
- In a small bowl, toss together flour, brown sugar, ground cinnamon, pumpkin seeds and chopped pecans to create streusel topping. Pour melted butter over mixture and mix until mixture becomes like wet sand. Fill each muffin cup to the top with streusel mixture. Gently press mixture down into batter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Recipe yields 16-18 muffins.