These cheesy Loaded Boneless Buffalo Chicken Wings are the perfect party appetizers! This simple, short cut recipe uses breaded chicken tossed in a zesty, spicy Buffalo sauce and loaded up with melted feta & mozzarella cheeses to create an ultimate finger food sure to make any weekend, game day or Super Bowl party a hit!
Spicy, saucy & extra cheesy! What else could you ask for in football food or a party snack? How about a few short cuts for convenience that have you enjoying every saucy bite in just 30 minutes or less? Yes! I’m all in!
And while this easy chicken recipe has enough hot buffalo sauce to make your upper lip sweat, the real secret to this loaded skillet appetizer is all the cheese. It’s melted, gooey goodness! While the mozzarella shows out with its tantalizing cheese pulls, it’s the quiet, salty feta nestled underneath that really steals the taste show.
What are Boneless Buffalo Wings Made of?
Boneless Buffalo Chicken Wings oddly enough aren’t made of buffalo… or chicken wings… They are actually tender chunks of boneless, breaded chicken breast tossed in a zesty buffalo hot sauce. Mostly known as party food and definitely as classic football food, these saucy, spicy, grown up chicken nuggets are kicked up even more in this recipe with 2 cheeses and a little butter!
Why We Love This Recipe
- I love the ease of using the frozen breaded popcorn chicken instead of breading and frying my own chicken pieces.
- Not everything has to be made from scratch. Having a shortcut recipe in my back pocket when throwing a party is super handy. It frees up time to do other things, like make other recipes that might need more attention, set up a great buffet table or just enjoy my guests!
- I can control the heat. Depending on who will be eating these wings, I can amp up or turn down the heat just by choosing a hot or mild Buffalon wing sauce. Also, serving them with a Ranch dressing or other creamy sauce can balance the heat.
Ingredients for Loaded Boneless Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Frozen Breaded Popcorn Chicken or Chicken Breast Nuggets
- Buffalo Hot Wing Sauce (like Frank’s or Texas Pete’s)
- Feta Cheese
- Grated Mozzarella Cheese
- Parsley or Chives as garnish (optional)
How To Make These Cheesy Buffalo Boneless Wings
Prep the Chicken. Place frozen breaded chicken in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes in preheated oven or until chicken is golden brown and crispy.
Sauce the Chicken. Remove the crispy baked chicken from the oven. In a large mxing bowl, toss with buffalo sauce, melted butter and feta cheese. Pour sauced chicken into greased skillet or baking dish.
Bake & Serve. Top with grated mozzarella and bake for another 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and sauce bubbles around the edges. Remove from oven and top with parsley or chives, if desired.
What To Serve with Loaded Boneless Buffalo Wings
As party food, we love to snack on these with cherry tomatoes, sliced cucumbers or carrot and celery sticks, along with a creamy Ranch or bleu cheese salad dressing. Add some slices of buttery Texas toast to complete the menu. These wings are also the perfect side dish for your favorite homemade pizza!
But you don’t have to throw a party to enjoy some good wings! Serve these spicy wings with fluffy white rice, on top of creamy mashed potatoes or even with baked sweet potatoes wedges and a green salad or cucumber salad for a fun weeknight meal!
Other Appetizer Recipes You’ll Love
- Hawaiian Popper Pigs in a Blanket
- Sheet Pan BBQ Nachos
- Whiskey Peach BBQ Meatballs
- Mini Cheeseburger Skewers
- Creole Sausage Balls
- 24 ounces frozen breaded popcorn chicken
- 12 ounces hot Buffalo wing sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 ounces feta cheese crumbles
- 2/3 cup grated Mozzarella cheese
- chopped parsley or chives as garnish, if desired
- Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit. Lightly grease a small cast iron skillet or casserole dish. Set aside.
- Place breaded chicken in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes in preheated oven or until chicken is golden brown and crispy.
- Remove chicken from oven. Toss with buffalo sauce, melted butter and feta cheese. Pour sauced chicken into greased skillet or baking dish. Top with mozzarella and bake for another 10 minutes in 400 degree oven or until cheese is melted and sauce bubbles around the edges.
- Remove from oven. Top with parsley or chives, if desired and serve with more Buffalo sauce, Ranch or Bleu Cheese dressing.