Shredded chicken, hot buffalo sauce, cool Ranch dressing & cream cheese on crisp Hawaiian sweet rolls make unforgettable Buffalo Chicken Sliders for an ideal game day or party appetizer! Serve them with your favorite soup or salad to round out any meal with a hearty kick!
What Is A Buffalo Slider
Shredded Buffalo Chicken Sliders are little hot sandwiches made by stuffing Hawaiian sweet rolls with a mixture that is a lot like cheesy, tangy Buffalo chicken dip then baking them until the tops of the rolls are crisp and there is plenty of melty cheese!
This Buffalo Chicken Slider recipe relies on spicy, vinegary Buffalo sauce perfectly balanced with cool Ranch dressing and cream cheese. It’s the perfect cool and tangy duo that’ll keep you wanting more!
I’ll walk through an overview of ingredients & steps in these next sections along with helpful tips!
Look for specifics at the end of the post in the recipe card.
- rotisserie chicken or 2-3 prepared boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Hawaiian rolls
- buffalo sauce (or Buffalo wing sauce)
- Ranch salad dressing (see options for adding bleu cheese below)
- cream cheese
- shredded cheddar cheese
- green onions & dried parsley
Should You Use Rotisserie Chicken for These Sliders?
It all depends on what you like. Rotisserie chicken from your local grocery is an A #1 short cut that many people love. The chicken is already prepared, tender, moist and nicely seasoned. All lend itself to a really tasty slider. And it does cut down on the prep time.
However, 3 cups of chicken usually means using ALL of the chicken, the white AND the dark meat, complete with breaking down and working with a whole chicken.
If dark meat or working with a whole chicken isn’t your thing, you might want to consider using boneless, skinless chicken breasts to make this recipe. Boiling them in heavily salted water and shredding them (either with a fork or hand mixer) is an easy all white meat alternative.
How To Make Buffalo Chicken Sliders
Prep the bread. Use a serrated bread knife to carefully slice the rolls in half keeping all the tops connected to create a “top slab” and all the bottoms connected to create a “bottom slab.” Working with “slabs” is genius because it enables you to make one big slider that can be sliced and served instead of having to build 12 individual small sandwiches.
Before moving on to the next steps, place the bottom slab, or bottom half of the rolls, in a 9×13 baking dish and lightly toast it in your oven. This keeps the bottoms of your sliders from being completely soggy when baked.
Mix the chicken. Mix shredded chicken with Buffalo sauce, Ranch dressing and cream cheese. Stir in shredded cheddar and chopped green onions to complete the Buffalo chicken filling.
Assemble. Evenly spread the Buffalo mixture across the toasted bottoms. Make sure to pile it on nice and thick out to very edge. Place the “top slab,” or top half of the rolls, on the chicken mixture and gently press down.
Brush tops with extra Ranch dressing. The dressing has plenty of oil in it that will help your tops bake up nice and golden, not to mention all the zesty herbs and spices to make it tasty. Sprinkle with a little dried parsley for extra pizzazz!
Bake. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for 5 minutes more to crisp up those seasoned tops of your sweet Hawaiian rolls.
What to Serve with Buffalo Chicken Sliders
Serve with Blue Cheese dressing for dipping, if you’re craving a classic flavor combo. Or add bleu cheese crumbles on top of your chicken mixture before you bake your sammies!
If you or your guests love an extra kick, don’t forget to put out your favorite hot sauce- like Frank’s, Tabasco or Louisiana Hot Sauce.
Game Day Ideas
Tips for Freezing & Reheating
These mini Buffalo chicken sandwiches can be made ahead, frozen and stored for up to 3 months. Just assemble, but leave off Ranch and parsley toppings. When ready to prepare, let thaw in the refrigerator overnight, brush and sprinkle on toppings and bake as directed!
To reheat, placing in a 350° oven covered in foil for 10-15 minutes is preferable to the microwave because it keeps the bread nice and crisp.
More Hot Sandwich & Slider Recipes:
- Spicy Italian Crescent Ring
- Shredded Chicken BBQ Sandwich
- Sloppy Joe Sliders
- Ultimate Leftover Turkey Sliders
- Crock Pot BBQ Beef Roast Sliders
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW!
RATE IT, LEAVE A COMMENT OR SNAP A PHOTO.
Shredded Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- 12 Hawaiian sweet rolls
- 3 cups shredded chicken (rotisserie or prepared chicken breasts)
- ½ cup Buffalo sauce
- ½ cup Ranch salad dressing + ¼ C to brush on tops
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temp, cut into pats
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup chopped green onion tops
- dried parsley as garnish, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350° degrees Fahrenheit.
- Use a large bread knife to cut the rolls into tops and bottoms, keeping all the tops connected as a slab and all the bottoms connected as a slab. Set tops aside. Place the bottoms in the bottom of a 9×13 pan and toast in oven for 5 minutes.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together chicken, buffalo sauce, Ranch dressing, cream cheese. Fold in cheddar cheese and green onion tops. Spread chicken mixture evenly over bottom of rolls.
- Place tops of rolls on top of the chicken mixture. Press down gently. Brush tops with ¼ C Ranch dressing. Sprinkle with parsley. Cover with foil. Cook in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 5 more minutes to brown and crisp tops.