Slice right into this gorgeous Philly Cheesesteak Pizza on your next game day! Whether it’s just you and your family on the couch or a host of your best game day friends, this easy pizza will be more than just a fan favorite. It will quickly become one of the most requested dishes you’ll ever make. Hands down! With a premade crust, a Ranch sauce, smoked provolone, onions, peppers and thinly sliced Angus ribeye, this pizza packs in all the flavors of a Philly Cheesesteak sandwich right there on your own little slice of Heaven.
What You Need to Make Philly Cheesesteak Pizza
- Pre-Cooked Pizza Crust
- Thinly Sliced Beef (Rib-eye or Flank)
- Smoked Provolone
- Green Bell Pepper
- Yellow Onion
- Ranch Dressing Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- Sour Cream
- Salt, Pepper, Garlic, Red Pepper Flakes, Chives
Years ago, when The Engineer and I were just dating, we used to eat this mouth-watering concoction called a cheesesteak Stromboli. A little restaurant there in our college town made and delivered these golden crusted wonders. And I bet we ate about a hundred of them all dipped in a little cup of Ranch sauce while studying, on dates, after football games and for any myriad of other reasons we could dream up in between. But alas, the day did come when we graduated, got married and moved away.
As time went on, every now and then we would look at each other ask, “Do you remember those Cheesesteak Stromboli we used to eat…?” Yes, all the time. What’s a girl to do when her man is needing some nourishment? Whip up her own recipe, I tell ya. And that’s what I did. I starting making own pizza version of the sainted Stromboli.
Come game days, I would throw together my very own Philly Cheesesteak pizzas using a pre-baked pizza crust, a sauce made from a Ranch seasoning mix, and all the Philly Cheesesteak toppings I could manage to pile on.
We still think about cheesesteak Stromboli from time to time, but now it’s usually with a mouthful of this pizza and more on the way. The Engineer will take a big bite, close his eyes and say, “This might be your best Philly Cheesesteak Pizza yet. Do you remember that Stromboli we used to eat?” Yep. I sure do.
Philly Cheesesteak Pizza
- 1 lb thinly sliced Angus Ribye
- 1 green bellpepper
- 1 medium yellow onion
- ½ lb smoked Provolone cheese grated
- 1 large pre-baked pizza crust
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 pkt Ranch salad dressing & seasoning mix
- 1 C mayonnaise
- 1 C buttermilk
- ⅓ C sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl, use a whisk to mix together ingredients for Ranch sauce. Place in refrigerator to set.
- Slice onion and green bellpepper into long, thin strips. Set aside.
- Grate Provolone cheese. Set aside.
- Add one tablespoon olive oil to sautee pan on medium heat. Add bell pepper and onion. Sautee just until tender.
- Add beef and seasonings. Stir well. Continue to sautee until beef is done. Remove from heat.
- Using a large spoon, spoon a portion of the Ranch sauce onto the prebaked crust. Use the back of the spoon to spread the sauce evenly to the edges. (How much sauce you use is up to how saucy you like your pizza.)
- Pile on all of the beef, onion and peppers. Distribute evenly out to the edge of the crust.
- Sprinkle cheese on top until completely covered.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and just begins to brown.
Things You Might Need to Make and Serve Philly Cheesesteak Pizza
***Pin This Philly Cheesesteak Pizza Recipe Here***
Enjoy these and other great recipes on Meal Plan Monday!