Minty, light, and oh, so refreshing, this Champagne Julep Punch is a non alcoholic variation of the classic mint julep that is perfect for showers, receptions and even Kentucky Derby parties!
I’ve come across a plethora of recipes for mint juleps on the internet, but I am often asked about non-alcoholic mint juleps. Technically, there is no such option for a mint julep, a drink simply consisting of bourbon, simple syrup, and mint. The bourbon isn’t something added to the drink, it IS the drink even if it is just 2 Tbsp. And I am told that julep purists get quite feisty when someone fiddles with their longstanding traditional libation….
However, there is such a thing as a champagne julep. (Oh my! Doesn’t that sound fabulous?) And a champagne julep is a horse of quite a different color. With multiple ingredients, a champagne julep gives us plenty of wiggle room to come up with a comparable non-alcoholic option. And did I mention that they are just about the prettiest little things you’d ever find on a party platter?
(I also included links to classic mint julep and champagne julep recipes below for those interested in more traditional derby day options.)
What You Need To Make Champagne Julep Punch
- white grape juice (or 2 cans frozen concentrate)
- apple juice
- ginger ale
- vanilla extract
- mint leaves
How To Make Non Alcoholic Champagne Julep Punch For a Party
Mix. Using a wooden spoon, muddle the mint leaves in the bottom of a large punch bowl or decorative beverage dispenser. Pour the grape juice, apple juice, and ginger ale over the mint. Add vanilla and give it a quick stir.
Garnish. Pour punch over shaved or crushed ice. Finish with a pretty straw, coffee stirrer, or cocktail straw. Garnish with more mint leaves.
What to Serve with Champagne Julep Punch
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Sandwiches
- Gooey Black Bottom Pecan Pie Brownies
- Bourbon Maple Candied Bacon
- Peach, Ham & Mozzarella Skewers
- Classic Kentucky Hot Browns
Throwing Your own Kentucky Derby Party?
Other Mint Julep & Punch Recipes You’ll Enjoy
- Ruby Red Grapefruit Punch
- Pomegranate Lime Punch
- Orange Pineapple Fizzies
- Classic Southern Coffee Punch
- Classic Mint Julep Recipe
- Champagne Julep Recipe
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW!
RATE IT, LEAVE A COMMENT OR SNAP A PHOTO.
Champagne Julep Punch
- 2 L white grape juice, (or 2 cans frozen concentrate)
- 2 L ginger ale
- 1 L apple juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 20-30 mint leaves
- shaved or crushed ice
- Mix. Using a wooden spoon, muddle the mint leaves in the bottom of a large punch bowl or decorative beverage dispenser. Pour the grape juice, apple juice, and ginger ale over the mint. Add vanilla and give it a quick stir.
- Garnish. Pour punch over shaved or crushed ice. Finish with a pretty straw, coffee stirrer, or cocktail straw. Garnish with more mint leaves.
Originally published April 2015