Celebrate all your special moments with this decadent Southern tradition- easy, delicious Coffee Punch! Made with strong brewed coffee, ice cream, & whipping cream, this is the the original mocha frappucino in a pretty little cup. Indulgent? Yes! But what are special occasions for?
What You Need To Make Classic Southern Coffee Punch
- strong brewed coffee
- whipping cream
- vanilla ice cream
- chocolate ice cream
- chocolate shavings for garnish (optional)
If you’ve lived in the South very long, chances are you’ve had the pleasure of encountering a well appointed punch bowl filled to the very brim with this creamy, whipped goodness we call Coffee Punch. Ice cold and frothy with chocolate and vanilla ice cream and whipped cream, this rich coffee drink is the matriarch of all southern party punches. It’s not a proper party without it.
I remember well the first time this magical concoction every crossed my lips. It was evening, and we were at an event with sparkly lights in the trees. The Engineer shows up at our table with a cup in his hand. All it took was one sip. Pure heaven. I was smitten.
And how could anyone not be? Ice cream, coffee, clouds of whipped topping… Your guests will be giddy when they see that giant bowl on your buffet line. They’ve been waiting and hoping for one luxurious cup of coffee punch this party season. And of course, they’ll find it at your house. You are, after all, the hostess with the mostest.
Celebrate all your special moments with this decadent Southern tradition- easy, delicious Coffee Punch!
- 6 C strong brewed coffee
- 1/4 C sugar + 1 Tbsp
- 4 C whipping cream, divided in half
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- dash salt
- 1/2 quart vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 quart chocolate ice cream
- chocolate shavings, optional garnish
Whisk cooled coffee, 1/4 C sugar, 2 C cream, vanilla and salt together until frothy. Set aside.
Using a mixer, whip 2 C cream and 1 Tbsp sugar together until medium to stiff peaks form. Set aside.
Using an ice cream scoop, scoop both ice creams into bottom of punch bowl. Pour coffee mixture over them. Gently stir to partially melt the ice cream.
Top with whipped cream and garnish with chocolate shavings. Serve immediately!
My Tips & Tricks
- You can add a little extra of your regular ground coffee to your pot when you brew it to make strong coffee, or you can buy a strong brew and just make your coffee as you normally would. A dark roast works great. Being a coffee drinker, I like an espresso blend. But if I’m feeling extra Southern, I use Chicory. It’s hard to beat a good chicory.
- You can never have too much chocolate! If you want to amp up the mocha appeal, whisk 1-2 Tbsp of cocoa powder into your coffee, sugar, cream mixture.
- Always use cooled coffee. Hot or even warm coffee will melt your whipped cream and ice cream.
Other Recipes You’ll Love
- Pomegranate Lime Punch
- Pineapple Orange Fizzies
- Red Hot Cranberry Cider
- Spiced Caramel Apple Cider
- Strawberry Iced Tea
MAKING IT EASY TO HOST & SERVE
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
If you like these recommended products, then you’ll love Southern Discourse’s Amazon Store!
***Pin This Classic Coffee Punch Recipe***