There is just something about a peach that says summertime! Sweet and juicy, warm from the tree, it just doesn’t get much better than a fresh peach when the temps go up here in the South. And these pretty little Peach Skewers with ham, mozzarella, basil and a drizzle of balsamic glaze are one of the easiest and most refreshing ways to serve peaches this summer. A perfect peachy bite that’s full of unexpected flavor, they’ll be gobbled up as quickly as you put them out!
What You Need to Make Peach Skewers
- 2-3 fresh peaches
- thinly sliced ham
- mozarella balls (ciliegini, or cherry sized)
- fresh basil leaves
- small skewers
- balsamic vinegar
- black pepper
These little peachy numbers are so easy to make but look oh-so-fancy, which, if you’ve been around here long, you’ll know is my absolute favorite! A tray full of these just begs to be eaten. And everyone feels oh-so-special doing it!
The mild flavor of the mozzarella, the crisp of the basil, and salty smokiness of the ham all play off of that summer sweet peach like a cicada symphony.
These peach skewers offer the perfect opportunity for some easy hospitality this summer or maybe just a quiet night on the patio. Whatever the occasion, whip up a little special and enjoy!
Peach Skewers with Ham & Mozzarella
- 2-3 fresh peaches
- 8-10 slices very thinly sliced ham
- 8 oz. fresh mozarella balls, ciliegine (cherry-sized)
- 24 fresh basil leaves
- ground black pepper
- 1/2 C balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 24 cocktail skewers
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, heat balsamic vinegar and sugar until it comes to a low boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. The mixture should reduce by about half and become slightly thicker. Remove from heat and let cool.
- While the balsamic glaze is reducing, slice peaches into thin slices (do not peel) and set aside. Cut ham slices into long strips about 1 inch wide. Set aside.
- To assemble, gently skewer one peach slice through the bottom, or peel side. Follow with a basil leaf, a folded ham strip, and finish with mozzarella. Lightly sprinkle with black pepper.
- Drizzle with cooled balsamic glaze. Serve room temperature or chilled.
Other Light Summer Dishes You’ll Love
- Fresh Sweet Corn Relish
- Easy Watermelon Bar
- Melon Salad with Rotisserie Chicken & Lemon Garlic Vinaigrette
- Summer Veggie Crudite with Ham & Cheese
- Chilled Strawberry Bisque
Making it Easy To Host & Serve
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website, we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Leave a Reply