Pecan pie and brownies! It’s a true Southern match straight from Heaven. Dark, fudgey brownies and toasted pecan pie filling are the perfect combination in these Gooey Black Bottomed Pecan Pie Brownies. Wonderfully rich and decadent, you’ll never spend your dessert calories on a plain ol’ brownie ever again!
What You Need To Make Gooey Black Bottom Pecan Pie Brownies
- brownie mix
- dark brown sugar
- light corn syrup
- salt, cinnamon
While these brownies are excellent for the holidays (or anytime you’re thinking dessert for that matter), the first time I made them was for a Kentucky Derby tailgate party. I had been searching high and low for a way to put my own spin on the traditional derby pie or chocolate bourbon pie- something hand held that tailgaters could nibble while visiting.
When these brownies popped up on the radar, I knew they would be just the ticket! And that might be the year yours truly won best Derby tailgate… But that’s another story for another time.
Pecan pie and chocolate really is an award-winning combination. And this recipe won’t let you down. It’s more than just a brownie recipe. It’s a celebration of all that’s good about chocolate and pecans.
Gooey Black Bottom Pecan Pie Brownies
- 2 18.3 oz boxes brownie mix, dark chocolate or fudge
- ingredients required for brownies, 13x9 or 10x14 pan
- 1 C dark brown sugar, packed
- ¼ C butter, softened
- 1 ½ C light corn syrup
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 ½ C pecans
- Prepare brownies according to instructions. Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes. Brownies should not be completely done.
- While brownies are baking, prepare pecan pie topping. Cream brown sugar and butter using a hand or stand mixer. Add rest of ingredients one at a time until all are incorporated.
- When brownies have baked for 25-30 minutes, remove from oven and pour pecan mixture over the top and gently spread or work to the edges. It's ok if a little of the brownie batter rises to the top in the center.
- Bake brownies with pecan pie topping for another 40 minutes or until the center is almost set or barely jiggles. Cool before cutting.
Other Decadent Desserts You’ll Love!
Making It Easy to Bake & Serve
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
***Pin These Gooey Black Bottom Pecan Pie Brownies***