This simple recipe for homemade coffee creamer will have your cozy morning brew tasting like a steaming cup of joe with a side of freshly baked blueberry muffin! Just 5 ingredients and a whisk or blender is all you need to experience coffee shop goodness any time you get the craving. Mornings, afternoons and all the in-betweens are sweeter with this Blueberry Muffin Coffee Creamer!
What You Need to Make Blueberry Muffin Coffee Creamer
- half & half
- blueberry syrup
There’s nothing better than a quiet morning, nestled in with a hot cup of coffee and a berry-filled muffin to nibble. And while every morning can’t be a dream morning, you can capture every delicious second of those magic moments when you wrap your hands around a cup of your favorite fresh brew frothed high with this easy homemade blueberry coffee creamer.
It only takes 5 simple ingredients and a blender or a whisk to stir up a batch. This recipe takes shortcuts to a new level by using an organic blueberry syrup. No simple syrup, no cooking down berries, no straining…
It’s so quick and easy, I didn’t even calculate prep time for this recipe. 1 minute? 2 minutes? It took me longer to sip my gorgeous cup of coffee than it did to make this frothy goodness. Of course, I did linger. But so will you.
Why Make Your Own Coffee Creamer?
Flavored coffee creamers are a plenty at your local grocery, so why bother making your own? There are variety of good reasons.
- It’s better for you. You control your ingredients, sugar levels, fat levels, quality, all of it, when you make your own. This recipe contains no partially hydrogenated oils or chemical ingredients, and that’s winning!
- You can make your favorite flavors anytime you want. No more waiting for specific seasons to enjoy your favorite cup of joe. Got a craving? Whip up your own cup right in the moment.
- It’s so easy! Homemade coffee creamers are quick and easy to make. With a just few recipes, you can have all the coffee house feels right at your finger tips! And for real coffee lovers, that’s hard to beat!
- It makes for wonderfully simple hospitality. Being a hostess doesn’t have to be a hard. Fill your home with friendship by hosting a casual coffee in the kitchen or on the patio. And after all, isn’t that what the best moments are all about? Especially ones that are filled with sweet berries and your favorite cup.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW!
RATE IT, LEAVE A COMMENT OR SNAP A PHOTO.
Blueberry Muffin Coffee Creamer
- 2 C half & half
- 1/2 C blueberry syrup
- 1 Tbsp buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Add ingredients to blender and pulse lightly until mixed. Pour into small pitcher, cover and store in refrigerator until ready to serve with coffee. If mixture separates while stored, shake gently or stir before serving. Can be stored for 1 week.
Looking for other easy coffee creamer/coffee recipes?
- Cherry Mocha Coffee Creamer
- Butterscotch Coffee Creamer
- Pumpkin Mocha Coffee Creamer
- The Secret to Easy Iced Coffee
- Cinnamon Whipped Cream
- Classic Southern Coffee Punch
- Creamy Mocha Popsicles
- Smoky Sweet Coffee Rub (for grilling)
Can anything else be substituted for buttermilk ?
Hi, Anne! I suppose you could substitute half and half for it, but the taste is not the same at all. That touch of buttermilk really does give the creamer that baked good taste. If you aren’t wanting to purchase a pint of buttermilk just to use a tablespoon, I understand. Have you thought about making cornbread with the leftover buttermilk? Or anything of these recipes?
That is usually what I do if I need to buy an ingredient that I normally wouldn’t purchase- choose a couple of recipes to make with that ingredient so that there isn’t any leftovers that won’t get used.
Which blueberry syrup are you using? When I click add ingredients to cart it added a blueberry jam to the cart, not a syrup. Now I’m confused but really want to try this recipe. Thank you
Hi, Candice! I have used a variety of blueberry syrups for this recipe. Walmart has a great blueberry syrup in their Great Value brand. Smuckers also has a really delicious one. Any blueberry pancake/waffle syrup that you can find will work!