Beautifully glazed hams have taken center stage at holidays, picnics and family gatherings of all types for as long as anyone can remember. And what stars they are! Their shiny glazes punctuated with all sorts of bright citrus flavors and sweetness just beg to be admired and savored. Keeping with this star-powered tradition, this Pineapple Mustard Glazed Ham recipe with its golden coat of pineapple, mustards, brown sugar and horseradish offers a kick of flavor that will soon become your go-to favorite!
What You Need To Make Pineapple Mustard Glazed Ham
- 10 lb pre-cooked, unglazed, bone-in ham
- pineapple juice
- Honey & Pineapple Mustard Sauce
- whole grain mustard
- prepared horseradish
- crushed pineapple
- brown sugar
Having a good ham to mark special occasions is just one of those traditions that we Southerners just can’t seem to live without. So making ham preparation easy is of the utmost. That’s why it’s important to buy a pre-cooked ham. One that has been smoked is always a favorite around here. Sometimes, your local BBQ joint will even smoke one for you!
That way, when we get the ham and “bake” it, all we’re really doing is heating it up. That’s also why a little glaze and basting is so important. It keeps the ham from drying out and adds layers and layers of rich, bright flavor!
And just look at that marvelousness! You just know that it’s going to be melt-in-your mouth tender and delicious! And when this sweet and spicy beauty graces your table, don’t be surprised if your friends and family ask if you’re the real star of the show!
What To Eat With Your Glazed Ham
- Brown Sugar Roasted Pineapple
- Homestyle Deviled Eggs
- Southern Potato Salad
- Skillet Roasted Lemon Asparagus
- Horseradish Mashed Potatoes with Cream Cheese & Garlic
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW! RATE IT, LEAVE A COMMENT OR SNAP A PHOTO.
Pineapple Mustard Glazed Ham
- 10 lb bone-in, pre-cooked, unglazed ham, rind removed, room temp
- 2 C pineapple juice
- 3/4 C brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp
Honey & Pineapple Mustard Sauce
- 1 Tbsp whole grain mustard
- 1 Tbsp prepared horseradish
- 1 Tbsp crushed pineapple
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place ham, cut side down/bone side up, in roasting pan. Score ham either in diagonals or squares so that the glaze and fat can cook down into the ham. Pour pineapple juice over ham.
- Mix together the rest of the ingredients in a small bowl. Using a basting brush or your fingers, use 2/3 of the pineapple, mustard, brown sugar glaze to coat the ham. Make sure to work the glaze into the scoring.
- Cover with foil and place ham in the oven. Bake covered for 45 minutes. Uncover and continue to bake for 1 1/2 hours or until the glaze is a nice golden brown.
- Take ham from oven. Brush with the rest of the glaze. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.