This fresh salad of pomegranate arils, pears, and apples with crisp Romaine, glazed pecans, goat cheese, red onion and pepitas is the perfect fall side dish! Shake up an easy pomegranate vinaigrette dressing to top it all off. Looking to make an out of this world dinner salad? Add rotisserie chicken or leftover holiday turkey and slices of avocado for the win!
Sometimes, you’ve just got to have a good salad. And I’m not talking about just a little lettuce to nibble. I’m talking something you can really take a bite of. Layers of texture and flavor… something looks just as good as it eats.
And that’s just what you get with an Apple, Pear, Pomegranate Salad. Pops of flavor from ruby pomegranate seeds, crisp apples and pears, nutty pepitas and subtly sweet pecans deliver all the beauty of autumn with every bite. Tossed in a rich pomegranate vinaigrette, this salad pairs perfectly with your favorite soup and can even hold it’s own on the sacred holiday table.
What You Need for Apple, Pear, Pomegranate Salad
- Romaine & Radicchio salad mix
- pomegranate arils (seeds)- buy packaged pomegranate seeds at your local grocery for ease
- glazed pecans (Use this easy Honey Spiced Pecan recipe to make your own.)
- goat cheese crumbles
- red onion
- roasted pepitas or sunflower seeds
Ingredients for Easy Pomegranate Vinaigrette
Deep, rich & fruity, this subtly sweet & savory dressing is just what this salad needs to capture the essence of the season.
- Pomegranate juice
- red wine vinegar
- olive oil
- dijon mustard
- minced garlic, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes
Everyone agrees this salad is as beautiful as it is delicious! But there are plenty of ways to substitute with some of your favorites to make this salad your own.
- Instead of glazed pecans, try walnuts or pistachios!
- This salad sings with a little salty cheese. Substitute crumbled feta or bleu cheese for goat cheese for a little salty goodness.
- Want to add more dark greens? Mix in a little kale or spinach.
- Nothing beats a little chopped bacon to make the most of any salad.
As tasty as this salad is as a side dish, it is a game changer as a dinner salad. Add sliced rotisserie chicken and creamy avocado for a quick meal that is loaded with all sorts of long lasting, satisfying goodness. Looking for a lighter but still delicious way to enjoy those holiday leftovers? Forget the rotisserie chicken and add layers of leftover turkey to this crunchy salad.
Other Salads You’ll Enjoy
- Autumn Pear Salad with Figs & Molasses Vinaigrette
- Berry Salad with Pork Tenderloin & Cherry Balsamic Dressing
- Broccoli Slaw with Apples & Brussel Sprouts
- Blueberry Spinach Salad with Orange Poppy Seed Dressing
- Catalina Taco Salad
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW!
RATE IT, LEAVE A COMMENT OR SNAP A PHOTO.
Apple, Pear, Pomegranate Salad with Pomegranate Vinaigrette
Apple, Pear, Pomegranate Salad
- 10 oz. Romaine & Radicchio salad mix, washed with core pieces removed
- 4 oz. pomegranate arils, or seeds
- 1 medium apple, thinly sliced
- 1 medium pear, thinly sliced
- 4 oz. glazed pecans
- ¼ medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 oz. goat cheese crumbles
- 2 tablespoon pepitas
- ½ C pomegranate juice
- ⅓ C virgin olive oil
- ¼ C red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon minced garlic
- pinch red pepper flakes
- salt to taste
- In a large salad bowl, add all ingredients except goat cheese. Toss ingredients together.
- In a jar with lid, add dressing ingredients. Shake vigorously. Drizzle over salad and toss salad again. Sprinkle goat cheese over top. Serve immediately
- If not serving immediately, add apples, pears, goat cheese and dressing right before serving.