Nothing gives a warm welcome quite like a big pot of soup on a chilly day. There’s just something about its comforting hospitality that warms us right from the tops of our heads all the way down to the soles of our feet. The warm fuzzies in a bowl.
And as far as soup goes, Creamy Chicken & Ravioli Soup is what comfort food is all about. Chock full of cheese ravioli, shredded chicken, spinach and mushrooms, it’s Italian-style comfort food that is sure to give the whole family the warm fuzzies.
Shopping List for Creamy Chicken & Ravioli Soup
- chicken broth
- half and half
- boneless, skinless chicken breast
- baby portobella mushrooms
- baby spinach
- carrots, onion, celery
- salt, pepper, garlic, Italian seasoning
Creamy Chicken & Ravioli Soup is a cream- based soup that starts off with the standard onion, carrots and celery, then builds to a buttery roux. Which is just a fancy way of saying that we brown a little flour that’s used to thicken our soup as we add layer after layer of goodness!
Some soup recipes require the pasta to be cooked before it’s added to the soup. But because this recipe uses a fresh, refrigerated ravioli, cooking it right in the soup is best. It soaks up all that good flavor and cream without overcooking the pasta!
There’s no doubt that Creamy Chicken & Ravioli Soup is a hearty soup. It sticks to the ribs while it warms the souls of those who gather around your table. And that combined with its deep rich flavor…? Well, that checks all the boxes and then some for a one pot meal that my family asks for time and time again.
Creamy Chicken & Ravioli Soup
- 32 oz. chicken broth
- 32 oz. half & half
- 20 oz. uncooked, refrigerated cheese ravioli- small size
- 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, boiled & shredded
- 4 C baby spinach chopped
- 8 oz baby Portobella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 stick butter
- 1 C onion, diced
- 1 C celery, diced
- 1 C shredded carrots
- ¼ C flour
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp each minced garlic, salt & pepper
- In a large soup pot, melt butter. Add diced onion, celery and shredded carrots. Cook until translucent. Add garlic. Cook until brown and aromatic.
- Add flour to the mixture. Mix until smooth. Cook until golden, stirring occasionally.
- Add broth, stirring well. Bring to a simmer. When broth begins to simmer, slowly pour in cream, stirring while you pour. Add spices and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, spinach and uncooked ravioli. Stir to incorporate. Cook 7 minutes until pasta is al dente.
- Add chicken and let simmer for 2-3 more minutes. Then serve with a warm, crusty bread and shaved Parmesan cheese.
Find this & other great recipes on Weekend Potluck.
Making Cooking & Serving Creamy Ravioli Soup Easy
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!