A bright & delicious summer dinner salad, this Steak Caprese Salad combines marinated tomatoes, creamy mozzarella and fresh basil with thinly sliced, tender steak all tucked into a bed of crisp Romaine lettuce. Drizzle with a little balsamic vinegar for a fantastic finish that keeps everyone happy at the dinner table!
What is Caprese Salad?
A caprese salad is a simple layered summer salad of fresh tomatoes, sliced mozzarella and basil, topped with a little olive oil. It’s just about the most delicious summery thing around!
But amp up that classic tomato and fresh mozzarella salad with tender slices of juicy steak and the crunch of Romaine lettuce and you have a quick and easy meal that you and your family will crave all summer long!
Ingredients for Steak & Caprese Salad
- New York Strip Steak
- cherry tomatoes
- mozzarella pears
- fresh basil
- olive oil
- salt & coarse ground black pepper
- Romaine lettuce hearts
- balsamic vinegar
How to Make The Best Steak Caprese Salad
The marinated tomatoes, basil and mozarella are the heart of this dish. It’s their bright flavors that set this recipe apart from other steak salads and makes it THE true salad of summer!
- Start with a Marinated Caprese Salad. To get started, simply combine mozarella, halved tomatoes, sliced basil with minced garlic, salt, pepper and olive oil. Cover and let the marinating magic happen while you’re preparing the rest of your salad.
- Prepare the Steak. I love using this easy Skillet Steak method for a perfect steak every time. But you can also fire up the grill a deliciously grilled, juicy steak prepared just to your liking.
- Assemble the Salad. With steak resting and tomatoes and mozzarella marinating, it’s time finish this quick & easy meal and get it on the table! Chop the washed hearts of Romaine lettuce (throwing away the cores) and arrange it on a large platter. Thinly slice the steak and add it + the marinated caprese salad over the lettuce.
- Add some dressing. Finish with a drizzle of balsamice vineagar over the salad or let your guests add their own drizzle! I use this balsamic glaze recipe if I want to add just a touch of sweetness or add just that extra touch of special.
How to Cook The Perfect Steak
Use a meat therometer for best steak results, remembering to remove your steak from the skillet or grill 5 degrees under your desired cook temp since the meat will continue to cook a little as it rests.
- rare = 125 degrees Fahrenheit
- medium rare = 135 degrees Fahrenheit
- medium = 145 degrees Fahrenheit
- medium well = 150 degrees Fahrenheit
- well done = 160 degrees Fahrenheit
What to Serve with Steak Caprese Salad
This Caprese Salad is a meal all unto itself. But if you’re looking for something delicious to add, try:
- Louisiana Pickled Shrimp
- Easy Stuffed Olive Cheese Bread
- Easy Italian Marinated Olives
- Southern Pimento Cheese Ball
- Whipped Feta with Honey Dip
This is definitely a meal that’s meant to be shared family-style with others. Whether it’s plucked from a platter for a quiet dinner of two or passed around the backyard dining table as a picnic, the seeds of sharing, laughter and meaningful moments are sure to sure bring a harvest of memories that will be some of your favorites.
Other Dinner Salads To Enjoy
- Marinated Shrimp & Peach Salad
- Summer Berry Salad with Pork Tenderloin
- Arugula & Melon Salad with Rotisserie Chicken
- Layered Muffuletta Salad
- Catalina Taco Salad
- Apple Pear Pomegranite Salad with Roasted Turkey
If You Make This Recipe, I Can’t Wait To Hear About It!
Leave A Comment & Rating Below Or Snap A Photo To Share.
Steak Caprese Salad
- 8 oz fresh mozarella pearls, separated
- 1.5-2 C halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 C basil, cut into thin strips
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp coarse ground black pepper
- 3 hearts Romaine lettuce, washed and chopped
- 2 (12-16 oz) New York strip steaks, prepared & thinly sliced
- In a medium bowl or large measuring bowl, combine mozarella, halved tomatoes, sliced basil, minced garlic, salt, pepper and olive oil. Cover and set aside to marinate while preparing steaks and lettuce.
- Salt and pepper steaks. Either grill of prepare in skillet to desired doneness. Let rest for 5 minutes. Slice thinly.
- While steaks are resting, chopped washed hearts of Romaine lettuce (throwing away the cores). Arrange chopped lettuce on a large platter. Add sliced steak and marinated caprese salad. Drizzle with balsamice vineagar and serve.