Get all the rich flavor of a New Orleans Muffaletta sandwich in this gorgeous, easy layered salad with homemade dressing! This richly flavored stunner is perfect for parties, potlucks, tailgates or just a satisfying meal when you’re craving a little taste of the Crescent City.
What You Need To Make Muffaletta Salad
- dark greens/spring mix packaged salad
- cubed salami
- cubed ham
- cubed Provolone cheese
- shredded Parmesan cheese
- sliced green olives with pimentos
- diced pimentos
- sliced black olives
- flat leaf parsley
- olive oil
- red wine vinegar
- grated Parmesan cheese
- dried oregano
- dried basil
- minced garlic
- flat leaf parsley
- red onion slices
- salt & pepper
I love a good muffaletta (recipe & history of the unique sandwich). There is nothing like the combination of olive relish, ham, salami and cheese. And even though a really good sandwich is one of my top 5 favorite all-time foods, sometimes a sandwich is just not the thing. And that’s where this layered salad steps in.
It has less bread than the sandwich (always a win when I am thinking about my waist). Feeds a crowd. Looks jawdroppingly fabulous. And let’s you bring all the savory, tangy deliciousness of a real muffaletta to a party, tailgate or potluck. What could be better?
I did say it was easy to make, right? There’s not a lot of chopping or prep to this salad. I use a packaged salad mix for my greens & sliced canned or jarred olives and pimentos. Buying 1/2 lb blocks of salami, ham and cheese from the deli makes it easy to cube up just the size you like it. And lastly, to keep true muffaletta flavors coming through, the vinaigrette for this salad is pretty much the same oil & spices used to make the olive relish for the sandwich.
When you can’t get to The Big Easy, bring the fun of The Big Easy right to the dinner table. This Layered Muffaletta is that perfect dish you’ve been looking for to round out your menu, liven up your rotation and keep those around your table there just a little longer.
Layered Muffaletta Salad
- food processor
- 5 oz baby Spring mix salad, washed and trimmed
- 1/3 C flat leaf parsely, rough chopped
- 1/2 lb salami, cubed
- 1/2 lb ham, cubed
- 1/2 lb Provolone cheese, cubed
- 1-2 Tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4-5 oz sliced green Manzanilla olives with pimentos, drained
- 4 oz sliced black Kalamata olives, drained
- 4 oz diced pimentos, drained
- 1- 1.5 C seasoned croutons
- pepperoncini peppers (optional garnish)
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 Tbsp chopped red onion
- 1.5 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a large clear bowl or 8x5 trifle dish, layer approximately 1/2 of the salad greens, 1/3 C chopped parsley, salami, ham, Provolone cheese, black olives, green olives, & pimentos. Top with rest of salad, croutons and grated Parmesan cheese. Garnish with pepperoncini peppers if desired.
- In a food processor, add all of the dressing ingredients. Pulse for 1-2 minutes until all ingredients are emulsified.
- Serve dressing & extra croutons with the salad.
Other Recipes You’ll Love
- The Muffaletta- The Perfect Weekend Sandwich
- Catalina Taco Salad
- Hot Bacon Dressing for Spinach Salad
- Berry Salad with Cherry Balsamic Dressing
- Easy Melon Salad with Rotisserie Chicken & Garlic Vinaigrette
- Dark Greens, Pears & Fig Salad with Molasses Vinaigrette
MAKING IT EASY TO HOST & SERVE
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
If you like these recommended products, then you’ll love Southern Discourse’s Amazon Store!
***Pin This Layered Muffaletta Salad Recipe***